JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Giorno Giovanna costume sources

squirk

Sr Member
I am not into anime. I've seen some of the more popular A-list stuff - Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Attack on Titan, Cowboy Bebop, etc. - but it's just not my jam. By extension, I am not into anime cosplay.

My teenage son, however, is a card-carrying subscriber to CrunchyRoll. And he told me today that he wants to attend a few cons dressed as someone named "Giorno Giovanna" from something called "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure". Having no clue about the series or the character, I read the Wiki page and it made my head hurt.

c377607b5a48452eb32f43f6dc8c803e.jpg

My son found a costume on Amazon, but in my experience, those are usually crap. I found another costume on Etsy for three times the price, but it looks a lot better, would be custom-made, and the artist seems to have decent feedback. However, she needs 6-8 weeks of lead time, which doesn't work with my son's schedule.

I know some of you all here are into anime and anime-based cosplay. Is there some other resource or some other costumer you could recommend on this? I suppose I could just go to Cosplay.com, but I don't really know anyone over there, so I thought I'd start with the community I am most familiar with.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Temperance

Haha, sucked into the rabbit-hole of Jojo I see.

Yes, without a doubt anything purchased on amazon/aliexpress/ebay will be of poorer quality. Most of the costumes are all made by the same factories and all of the sellers are selling the same garment mass-produced in China - in fact it's highly likely whatever you buy will be shipped directly FROM china, so you may need to consider that shipping time into your schedule as well.
Sadly if you want a quality costume you either have to make it yourself or pay a costume maker to custom make one for you. Any custom made garment will cost more in time and materials, but the cosplay will last much longer. If you only have a few weeks you may have to settle. No good cosplay costume seller will be able to do a fast turnaround during the summer con season.
The old adage of you can get it Fast, good or cheap, but never all 3.

squirk

Sr Member
Haha, sucked into the rabbit-hole of Jojo I see.

Yes, without a doubt anything purchased on amazon/aliexpress/ebay will be of poorer quality. Most of the costumes are all made by the same factories and all of the sellers are selling the same garment mass-produced in China - in fact it's highly likely whatever you buy will be shipped directly FROM china, so you may need to consider that shipping time into your schedule as well.
Sadly if you want a quality costume you either have to make it yourself or pay a costume maker to custom make one for you. Any custom made garment will cost more in time and materials, but the cosplay will last much longer. If you only have a few weeks you may have to settle. No good cosplay costume seller will be able to do a fast turnaround during the summer con season.
The old adage of you can get it Fast, good or cheap, but never all 3.
Thanks. Yes, I was just sharing the “fast-good-cheap” paradigm with my son last night.

The shipping time from the Ukraine is what's really the tipping point for us. If I could find a quality costume maker in the U.S. with a slot open, the 6-8 weeks would probably be O.K.

I won't say price isn't an issue, but on the other hand, paying $85 for a total-**** costume is a waste of money. I would rather pay more and get more value out of it.

Unless someone here has a strong referral, I guess I will indeed go over to Cosplay.com and see what referrals I can get there.

Last edited: