Johnny Five from Short Circuit

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

compucrap

Hey guys,
I'm new here and I've been waiting to jump in with something interesting. I just finished building a talking Johnny Five miniature from Short Circuit. Did anyone else love this robot? After years of waiting someone produced a Johnny toy and being the fan I am I decided to upgrade it with a voice circuit.

And here is a video of the phrases he says:
Talking Johnny five Video

So what do you guys think? Pretty good likeness?

-Josh

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
Looks great. Great paint job on this one, not seen many of them around. One of these just sold on eBay for a pretty good price new in it's box, I just missed out on it :unsure

Last edited:

OldKen

Master Member
I would love to see a reboot of this movie. They can NOT change J5's look though. But they could def have him be more animated and move like a modern military killing machine would.

I hate reboots but just think if they are gonna do em anyway, this is one character I would like to see return. :)

Your J-5 looks very nice! ;)

compucrap

Hey guys,
Thanks for the kind words. This is indeed the recently released "Robot V." It's a very well done toy that with a little work looks great. I would definitely recommend you get your hands on one should you be a Johnny 5 fan.

compucrap

Yeah you do have to attach the eyelids (and to make it look better its recommended that you apply some paint to certain details.) It's a really good kit.

They sell for $250 and another run of them will be arriving to the U.S.A later this summer.

If anyone is interested PM me as I have an extra one I could let go of(Had planned on making an R/C one but I don't think I can do it.)

compucrap

And Monsters in Motion is the US distributor for these (Though from what Ive heard MIM isn't the best company to do business with.)

AmazonChitlin

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I looked at it over at Joz Robotics...not sure if that's who makes it or not. I like that they built a full scale Johnny 5 too, though!

Very, very cool. If I could spare the cash, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: A great picture:

Last edited:

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cool!

Love the Voice circuit on it! :thumbsup

Hey guys,
Thanks for the kind words. This is indeed the recently released "Robot V." It's a very well done toy that with a little work looks great. I would definitely recommend you get your hands on one should you be a Johnny 5 fan.