John Marston from Red Dead Redemption

Jawa Lunk

I'm starting my John Marston costume from red dead redemption, and will hopefully have it done by Halloween 2011...I am getting a late start on it, but hopefully it wont be as difficult as some of the others I've done.

I will post some pics as I finish things...I'm nearly done with the hat already.

Started the hat, needs more weathering. I ordered the grommet kit today to make the band that runs around the hat. I used a seagull feather and a black marker to make the faux eagle feather in the brim.

I also started work on the shirt and jacket. I already own a Colt Navy 1851 revolver, so I will be using that with my costume.

I noticed a lot of similarities between John Marston and the man with no name...that's fine with me :D

Awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to yuor progress. This is not an easy project to tackle. Good thing you're getting such an early start on it!

With Marston, it's all about the details, so don't rush it. One thing that a LOT of people seem to miss for whatever reason is the pinstripe suit pants. That always bugs me. There was a guy who made a (not that great) costume a while back and used jeans with it. Uhh...not quite!

Awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to yuor progress. This is not an easy project to tackle. Good thing you're getting such an early start on it!

With Marston, it's all about the details, so don't rush it. One thing that a LOT of people seem to miss for whatever reason is the pinstripe suit pants. That always bugs me. There was a guy who made a (not that great) costume a while back and used jeans with it. Uhh...not quite!

Yeah, I got a pair of the pinstriped pants...I hate them LOL But, that's what the costume calls for. It's hard to take a good pic to show off the stripes though. When I get more of the costumes together, I'll take lots of pics outside in the sun light.

There's an old well on the property next to mine, I'll take some cool shots there.

Wife's costume is a bugger...I had the right skirt, but it was too small. like little girl size. What do I know about women's clothing? ha ha

I got her some real nice weathered boots though, and myself a great pair from an older costume. It should turn out pretty darn good...especially having a real gun for the costume adds a lot of fun :p

Awesome find today... an old .45 revolver from Coleco video game system. It's very nice. Got it for $1.00 at a resale shop. I cut the cord off it, and now I am weathering it. I'll let my son use it for his Jack Marston costume he is making. It's the right size and everything...back when they made toys that looked real LOL

I'll post a pic after I weather it up. :thumbsup

Next Halloween are you going with the zombie Read Dead version? :p

Love the idea by the way, what a great costume!

Next Halloween are you going with the zombie Read Dead version? :p

Love the idea by the way, what a great costume!

Nah...I've kinda played out the zombie stuff LOL

Last year I was the Prince of Persia, so I thought cowboy would be right up my ally this year...plus the more I got to know John MArston, the more similarities between him and the man with no name I found...I've always been a BIG fan...

I'll start growing out my beard in the beginning of October. The scars will be easy to replicate. A careful trim with the clippers, and a little dime store scar make-up and I should be able to pull it off.

Here's a few progress pics of the costume...I matched the belt buckle as close as I could...unless I learn how to make buckles :lol this will have to do...and I found this pocket watch I thought I would throw in just for the heck of it...I know we don't see him carry one, but dang, even cowboys gots to tell time LOL

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back