John Connor's M4A1 with M26 MASS

OzDean

Hey everyone,
I've looked on imfdb.org and quite a few forums and I've yet to reach a definite conclusion about what gear is sitting on this weapon.
Imfdb says it's an M4A1 Carbine with an M26 Modular Accessory Shotgun System attachment, a C-More red dot sight, a Surefire tactical light, and standard iron sights.
The question I have is which C-More rds is it? And is it just one part of what is sitting on the rail or is it coupled to something else? Are there any clones of the surefire tactical light and how do I mount that?
Please forgive my ignorance but this stuff just ain't that common in OZ.
I've attached a couple of pics so if anyone could help fill in the blanks it would be greatly appreciated!!!

e61f640e.jpg
[/IMG]
fff247aa.jpg
[/IMG]
fa6b3da9.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Re: John Connor's M4A1 with M26 MASS question for weapon experts

If the Surefire light is a weapon mounted light with a pressure switch, it will come with a picatinny rail mount. picatinny is the name of the system where accessories are attached to the ribbed structure seen on the foregrips of most modern modular assault rifles such as the m4 or the socom 16.

b_69ed01ea3267ece31378426c745e9b4bsub2000_rail_7154web.jpg

There are many weapon mounted tactical lights. If this IS a surefire then it could be the M600c Scout

Surefire M600C Scout Light WeaponLight (Black)

These pics have a better view of the profile of the weapon in your pic but I dont know if they are screen used weapons:

HT-JC-rifle1.jpg

16.jpg

I found another photo which clearly shows a surefire but the m4 is missing the m26 and the light is mounted on the ejection port side rather than on the opposite side as in your pic. The light is also MUCH bigger in the second pic so the on-set armorer may have modded the rifle for the scene or just handed him the wrong one and "cheated" it hoping no one would notice.

terminator-bale-gun-6602.jpg

Dont know the model but it may be an older discontinued one.

a bit off question here if you are lookin to build this gun i have the base for it the actually in airsoft full metal if you are interested

I'm slowly getting there - just need to add the M26 MASS - Which I have to scratchbuild - then get rid off the toy marking - fill screw holes and paint.

Any suggestions on spray can colours which are available in Australia?

d736c7a9.jpg

26ade877.jpg

I'm slowly getting there - just need to add the M26 MASS - Which I have to scratchbuild - then get rid off the toy marking - fill screw holes and paint.

Any suggestions on spray can colours which are available in Australia?

On the M4 and accessory shotgun, I personally would use "fiddly bits" black satin spraypaint for the "metal" parts and "fiddly bits" black gloss for the plastic.
These cheapo spraypaints from Mitre10 seem to be fine.
It will take quite a while for the gloss to fully dry though, so don't be tempted to handle it less than week after painting.

I believe that there should be no problems with Customs ordering the dot sight from OS, as I've done that before (I live in NSW).

The rifle he uses in the opening scenes is an HK416 if memory serves. It had no MASS and a different sights as well as a different flash hider.

Im also pretty certain he used an M16A2 and not an A1 for the rest of it all. The reason its an M16A2 is due to the blank conversions being reliable and plentiful. They are easy to dress up as different models as well.

On the M4 and accessory shotgun, I personally would use "fiddly bits" black satin spraypaint for the "metal" parts and "fiddly bits" black gloss for the plastic.
These cheapo spraypaints from Mitre10 seem to be fine.
It will take quite a while for the gloss to fully dry though, so don't be tempted to handle it less than week after painting.

I believe that there should be no problems with Customs ordering the dot sight from OS, as I've done that before (I live in NSW).

Yeah, I was thinking that fiddly bits would be the way to go. The c-more dot sight pictured was easy to get. Cost me $80 including shipping.

The rifle he uses in the opening scenes is an HK416 if memory serves. It had no MASS and a different sights as well as a different flash hider.

Im also pretty certain he used an M16A2 and not an A1 for the rest of it all. The reason its an M16A2 is due to the blank conversions being reliable and plentiful. They are easy to dress up as different models as well.

Assuming it is a standard issue weapon, I think it would be a M4A1.
(flat-top, safe/semi/auto selector, carbine)

M4: semi/3rd burst, flat-top receiver, telescoping stock, 14.5 inch barrel.
M4A1: semi/full auto, flat-top receiver, telescoping stock, 14.5 inch barrel.
M16A2: semi/3rd burst, solid carry-handle, fixed stock, 20 inch barrel.
M16A3: semi/full auto, solid carry-handle, fixed stock, 20 inch barrel.
M16A4: semi/3rd burst, flat-top, fixed stock, 20 inch barrel.

Though technically, the lower receiver carries the serial no. and model no.
You could have a M16A2 receiver, replace the upper with a M4 upper, replace the fixed stock with a tele, and change the trigger group to semi/full. It would be just like a M4A1 (except the model number and "burst" on the lower). The ATF would still consider it a M16A2. :)

I'm also not sure if it is an HK416 at the beginning.
It appears to be a flat-top, piston (definitely not M4), carbine.
BUT, it does not have the standard HK flip-up front sight attached to the gas block or the HK rear sight either.

Last edited:

It's a HK416 at the start of the film and then later he swaps to the M4 (when he goes to SkyNet) As far as accuracy - I'm happy with what I've got. It would be great to get the exact model M4 but in Australia we just don't have those options.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back