Joe vs the volcano steamer trunk

typeomega

anyone have any idea on who makes the steamer trunk from Joe vs the volcano? anyone have any good pictures of one ? i just re-watched the movie on a whim and decided that i want one. my girlfriend has been asking me to build her a trunk for a while now and when i saw the one in Joe v Volcano a light bulb went on in my head. from what i saw in the movie there are two different trunks the ones used for land shots and the ones used for ocean shots which seem to be bigger by about a foot. im looking for the land trunk. the best references in the movie seem to be on top of the taxi when Joe is driven from the airport in LA. if i cant find who makes them and buy one for less than $200 bucks im going to have to role up my sleeves and make my own. any help is appreciated.

Joe-versus-the-Volcano-steamer-trunks.jpg

Here's the inside.

that photo and the this one are the ones i have been working from
trunks copy.jpg

i have not found anything that looks like them on google image. im starting to think that they may have been costume jobs for the film.

duck trunk.jpgtrunks on ocean.jpgtrunks open.jpgtrunksdock.jpg

the shot in the hotel room looks like the drawers are open on one of the trunks and the mirrored tray table is down and in the shot from the trunk raft the inside dose not have any of the fancy fabric liner like in the salesmen shot.

Right. Don't use the raft trunks as reference unless you have to. They are clearly different props. The stunt version versus hero version as it were.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back