Joaquin Phoenix "Joker" Costume Thread

Gen0

For all future inquiries.

Can anyone ID the mask or shirt? The mask might be custom

. j1.jpgj2.jpgj3.jpgj5.jpg

It's a little strange just how close this is to Ledger's joker. The hair, the messy dripping makeup, the shirt, the lapels on the jacket. Gotta say I like it though.

What color would you guys call the jacket? Burgundy?

I'm currently working on this costume a few weeks now, actually it's my first time doing a full costume. I started doing a sculpt of Joaquin's face over a lifecast in hope on doing a prosthetic makeup, but here (Brazil) the materials are very expensive and almost impossible to find. So I think I will end up turning it in a mask. I bought a dark red fabric and a mostard one. For the shirt I have a old driver uniform that is light blue, I mixed a few colors of acrylic paint in a jar with water and window cleaner to thin it. The patterns on the shirt I'm planning on doing a small screenprint and stamp it in a random way. I'll try to discover how to attach pictures here via cellphone (I think it's my first time actually replying something or even posting in RPF).

My jacket is almost done, and I'm working on a version of the mask smiling since I'm done sculpting the "neutral" expression (that I'll mainly use it for making a prosthetic for a gelatin makeup.) What are you guys thoughts on my progress until now? Any tips? (by the way thank you Blitzer, your drawing helped my GF a lot on sewing the jacket)
64e9583fe4e2e282f55b478e36a3ef30.jpg
5b5747962774abfc5bd00d7193eb8215.jpg
9a50594ecc5cc90a6336f43381d5aa29.jpg
3023f31776a98961db34ee7f37f47cb5.jpg

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk

My home made prosthetic gelatin ended up being too fragile, idk what happened, maybe i messed up on the recipe. Anyway at least now i can see the sculpt painted. What are your thoughts about it? (Please ignore the messed paint job, as i said the gelatin was bad and didn't hold well the paint.)
_MG_7771.JPG

I still going to try to make a latex mask of it. I also did a variant to this sculpt of him smiling, but i had to leave the mouth empty because of my life-cast underneath, that ended up being a good thing because now I have a use for my stock of fake teeth! HAHAHA Oh, I'm Also working on the mask he uses on that subway scene! But I was short in Plasticine, idk when I'll be able to buy more to finish it, but I'll... But tell me your thoughts about what you think about it so far. :)

_MG_7772.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back