Jmtwo and the BSG CIC emblem?

JD

Master Member
In this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=71282, Jmtwo offered a few damaged Battlestar Galactica logo's at a discounted rate in a scratch and dent sale. I made an offer on the second one (its description: "It was not well packed on the return trip and suffered a few dents in the side. They are not large and are barley visible when hanging.") and it was accepted on October 3 and I PayPal'd the same day.

I received a shipping notice that the item had an estimated delivery of Oct 15. That day came and went - I posted in the thread and e-mailed Jmtwo and got a reply on Oct 16: "I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner and sorry for being so slow. I finally got the emblem packed up and shipped out. You should see the tracking information update sometime this evening."

I finally received the wooden BSG CIC logo on October 21. UPS trashed the thing... it's in at least three pieces with a substantial crack in the center. I was in shock... honestly, the thing didn't appear to have been boxed properly; but, the box with pretty torn apart itself. I immediately e-mailed Jmtwo and inform him of the issue.

I say: "Hi John, just received the BSG logo. Unfortunately, UPS appears to have mangled it pretty fiercely. The phoenix is completely pulled off and the woodwork around it is off as well with some damage to it. The wood under the phoenix is damaged as well. I’ll have a few pics for you this afternoon."

He replies: "Sorry to hear this. UPS is killing me on this emblem. Sent the pics when you can and I'll see what can be done." I sent the pics the same day.

On the 26, I get: "Thanks for the pic. Looks like UPS took a hammer to it! That really angers me, since that was virtually a new emblem.
I know the damage is not what you signed up for and I want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. That being said, I was wondering if you would be up to me walking you through repairing the embem?
I'm pretty sure the crack in the back will be hidden by the Firebird and with a few easy to make touchups, you will have a pretty close to screen-seen emblem.
But again, I want to make sure you will be completely happy with this, so let me know what your thoughts are."

I admit that I can't really manage to repair it myself (due to my ineffiecncy with woodworking and lack of time - and the Phoenix doesn't appear to be able to cover up that crack) and ask about UPS insurance, and recieve this prompt reply:

"I completely understand, and I don't expect you to have to fix this.
We could try UPS insurance, but it's been my experience that it is a long road that usually ends in failure.
Let me see what else I can do to fix this and I'll get back to you shortly."

On November 2, I ask if he has any ideas as I had nor heard from him.
On Nov 4th, I get: "If you can wait a couple of days, I'm going to send you a brand new Emblem. This one will be crated using wood and should have no problems during transit.
Once you have the new Emblem, I will arrange for the return of the first one."

On Nov 6, I ask if he means the entire thing and stated "I do wish I had a better alternative, but our friends at UPS really messed things up."

I've received nothing since that time.

...and finally on the 23rd of November I send: "Hey John, it’s been over two weeks (almost three?) since I’ve last heard from ya. Just wondering what’s up, you said you were going to send a new emblem, wood crated, etc and I would be shipping this damaged one back to ya. I still think UPS owes someone some money back."

...and have yet to receive a reply.

Last edited:
Re: Bad seller alert: Jmtwo?

If it was insured, claiming with UPS is the best thing to do.

I've done it in the past and they were pretty efficient.

JMTWO has a good track record here. I doubt he's out to rip you off.

FB

Jmtwo is a good guy and i had no problems with the last item i purchased off him.Hope you 2 settle the problem

Thanks guys... I tried to detail with dates and exact quotes from e-mails to back it all up. I waited a while to allow a response before posting this and I'm still hoping for the best.

I've also just sent him another e-mail and pointed him to this thread.

John's a great guy, I haven't had any problems with him over the years, I know he's been very bus as of late, I'm sure he'll pull through and you guys will be able to resolve it.

Before I was even an RPF member, I bought a large BSG sign from JMTWO and UPS also trashed it. Jmtwo made it right and he's aces in my book.

Hope things get resolved.

Immediately open a claim with UPS. Stay on this seller until he acts. Busy or not, you are an existing customer who should take priority over new business.

Sounds like a bad series of experiences with UPS ... you can't blame them for damage on something that isn't packed sufficiently ... but you CAN claim the insurance with sufficient evidence (photographs are a must). Seller should've learned by now.

I use Fedex exclusively now. Costs a little more, but you get the best service. And they generally don't accept packages that aren't padded sufficiently (one girl said "we don't accept anything for 2-day if it's shifting around inside").

Stop dancing around with half-measures. Have the seller claim insurance, and make an immediate refund to you. Fixing it up is something you attempt after your money is returned.

John once sent me an item that wasn't damaged in shipping, but the item wasn't 'up to par'. He sent me a replacement and never asked for me to send the original back which saved me a trip to UPS (it's not exactly around the corner for me!).
I have no doubt he'll come through for you. :thumbsup

Well, I can only say positive things about Jmtwo, he even sent me stuff he made (that I designed) for free (and I'm in Italy)... The only thing that could be a little "annoying" is that he is a very busy person and it could take some time to reply, but usually, in the end, everything will work out:)

[Speaking as a fellow member, not as a mod]

From the emails posted, it sounds like Jmtwo is bending over backwards to help you out. You've paid for a "scratch and dent", but he is offering to send you a new one for your trouble. I think being a bit more patient would be the right thing to do.

Starting a thread like this with the title that you've chosen... it could seriously damage someone's reputation. I'm happy to see that John's previous customers are chiming in here on the type of top-notch customer service he provides. I've bought a few things from him in the past, and all I can say is that I would happily buy from him again. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Jmtwo is a great guy
and I've bought several items from him
(he's my favorite RPF prop guy!)

I have no doubt he'll do right by you

From the emails posted, it sounds like Jmtwo is bending over backwards to help you out. You've paid for a "scratch and dent", but he is offering to send you a new one for your trouble. I think being a bit more patient would be the right thing to do.

Starting a thread like this with the title that you've chosen... it could seriously damage someone's reputation. I'm happy to see that John's previous customers are chiming in here on the type of top-notch customer service he provides. I've bought a few things from him in the past, and all I can say is that I would happily buy from him again. :thumbsup

Bending over backwards? Did you read my original post? Did you pay attention to the timeline?

Yes, it was a scratch and dent... and scratch and dent described by Jmtwo as "It was not well packed on the return trip and suffered a few dents in the side. They are not large and are barley visible when hanging." I got something in several pieces and with a large crack in it... all VERY visible.

It was November 4th that I last heard from Jmtwo.... 25 days ago. He asked me to " ...wait a couple of days." 25 is more than a couple days. I e-mailed him on the 6th, the 23rd and today with no reply. I think that's pretty patient when asked to wait a couple days.

Yes, he offered to send me a new item. But he has failed to follow through on that promise... a "couple days" does not equal 25 to me. I've got nothing but unanswered e-mails, a hole in my wallet, a box beat up all to heck and a BSG logo that when the seller looked at the pictures said it looked like someone took a hammer to it.... and he was aware of a problem when dealing with UPS.

Hey, I'm glad the guy's customer's are chiming in... it gives me hope. But with the lack of communication and the failed promises, I think I'm well with my right to post this thread.... trust me, I waited and thought about it before posting. I want nothing more than to post in a few days that everything worked out wonderfully.

JD, email sent.

Once again, I appreciate everyone who has vouched for me. It really means alot.

But also, JD is 100% right to have posted this thread. I promised him a new emblem and it has taken entirely too long for me to get it to him... a situation I am rectifying immediately.

I think the thing to do is ask JD to ship ME the busted one. The two dents are totally fixable, all I'd need is some glue, some matching paint, and the letters - and I'd be rockin' like Dokken.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Yes, I received the e-mail from Jmtwo (and replied), I 've also altered the title of this thread. The amount of persons posting here vouching for John and his work speaks wonders.

Deathstalker: it's more than just the two dents, this thing got mangled in shipping.. it's in several pieces and gouged pretty good.

Yes, I received the e-mail from Jmtwo (and replied), I 've also altered the title of this thread. The amount of persons posting here vouching for John and his work speaks wonders.

Deathstalker: it's more than just the two dents, this thing got mangled in shipping.. it's in several pieces and gouged pretty good.

Shame. Good thing it seems like it's on its way to a positive resolution - having "lurked" here for a very long time, I felt like Jmtwo was someone I'd wind up doing business with. He does some pretty great work.

That's cool. I would trust John with any purchase I make through him. He may not be on top of things 100% of the time but he is 99.7 % of the time.

John you are a top notch seller in my eyes. Glad that things are working out.

Brad

I want to echo what everyone else has said... John is the best of the best and I have never had an issue with his work or being able to complete a project. I know he is busy and I just try to be patient because I know he will follow through.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back