JM 1/24 Raptor from BSG - Update 4-19-06 PM

Watson

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well I about mugged the mailman today as I knew it was coming. He kinda laughed and handed me the box. Really sad when your mail man knows who you are and that you are waiting on a package :p

Anyways I don't have time for a detailed description at present but I did snap a few pictures.

Kit is really nice. Packaged nicely with great reference material and really nice decals. I am trying to help Jesse by coming up with a lighting kit for it. It has multiple clear resin pieces that should transmit light really well and the detail is very crisp.

Just like any resin kit there will be some clean up and seem work to do but in dry fitting parts it seems really good molding and casting did all the hard work for us.

More later but here are the pics.

raptor001.jpg

raptor002.jpg

raptor003.jpg

Woot spare parts :)

Great work Jesse. I just got through looking at the reference disk and man is a chock full of Raptor Goodness.

Great job my man. Now to figure out how to light her B)

Definitely an exciting day. Looks great Jesse.

This kit must be for testing and instruction?

Can't wait to see how Jades lights her.

I wait with anticipation for mine..lol :D

Please send me an update email of the commissions when ya get a chance Jesse.

RAPTOR BABY. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET. :p

Superb. :thumbsup

And just in time for the Raptor's new role as ground-based communications shack. :sleep

Oops, did I spoil anybody? I'm so naughty. :p

- k

Originally posted by Kuhn Global@Mar 17 2006, 08:24 PM

I wait with anticipation for mine..lol  :D 

RAPTOR BABY. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.  :p
[snapback]1207991[/snapback]​

Hey Kurt,

No real change from when we spoke last. I expect to get your Raider started in the next few weeks. Not sure how long it will take me, but I wont forget about you.

Cheers

Jesse

I will be breaking out my lights and my good camera tomorrow to take some good pictures of the kits, some dry fit shots as well.

All I can say is man I am in love with this kit.

Greg

Originally posted by Jestefarean+Mar 17 2006, 07:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jestefarean @ Mar 17 2006, 07:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Kuhn Global
@Mar 17 2006, 08:24 PM

I wait with anticipation for mine..lol  :D 

RAPTOR BABY. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET.  :p
[snapback]1207991[/snapback]​

Hey Kurt,

No real change from when we spoke last. I expect to get your Raider started in the next few weeks. Not sure how long it will take me, but I wont forget about you.

Cheers

Jesse
[snapback]1208037[/snapback]​
[/b]
Thanks Jesse.

I'd be lying if I told you my mouth wasn't watering for your kits and buildup skills..lol. :D

I am really looking forward to seeing what Greg does with this Raptor.

Any idea when that kit will be sent out? Is that a build we decided to have you do as well? :confused Can't remember. Maybe something to consider if not.. :) Interested?

Very mouth watering indeed. B)

Ok, so it's obviously not a Dinosaur, Gun, Computer, Jet, Super-Hero, Super-Villian, G.I. Joe character, 4 Wheeler, Helecopter, Remote Control Vehicle, Keyboard, Joystick, Bird, Speaker, Etc.

What The hell is it?

Is this a BSG thing? Doesn;t look like a BSG ship to me. But again I don't watch the new show. Looks cool what ever it is.

I GIVE UP.... :lol :p :confused

It is one of the new ships from BSG :)

2.jpg

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Mar 18 2006, 12:18 AM
Ok, so it's obviously not a Dinosaur, Gun, Computer, Jet, Super-Hero, Super-Villian, G.I. Joe character, 4 Wheeler, Helecopter, Remote Control Vehicle, Keyboard, Joystick, Bird, Speaker, Etc.

What The hell is it?

Is this a BSG thing?  Doesn;t look like a BSG ship to me.  But again I don't watch the new show.  Looks cool what ever it is.

I GIVE UP....  :lol  :p  :confused
[snapback]1208157[/snapback]​

Wow. :eek The kit looks AMAZING.... Must... have... one... soon...

Can't wait until they actually start shipping.

- J.

Originally posted by Paul Heaberlin@Mar 19 2006, 01:24 PM
So, where's the new pics?
[snapback]1208920[/snapback]​

LOL I have not had a chance to take any yet. I assure you they are coming.

Greg

It has the instructions and reference images of the Raptor. It has some really nice shots in it.

JDH

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Mar 19 2006, 02:25 PM
what is the CD-R for?
[snapback]1208962[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart+Mar 19 2006, 04:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jades Dark Heart @ Mar 19 2006, 04:39 PM)</div>
It has the instructions and reference images of the Raptor.  It has some really nice shots in it.

JDH

<!--QuoteBegin-Star Wars Man
@Mar 19 2006, 02:25 PM
what is the CD-R for?
[snapback]1208962[/snapback]​
[snapback]1208992[/snapback]​
[/b]

i like technology and all but i would rather have a manual, i mean like in paper, (dont say print it out) cuz then i would have to run back to the comp every time i needed something or assemble it in the dining room on the dining room table...i have tried that for some electrical stuff, my solder gun burned a tiny hole in the table cloth and my knife made a little slice....my mom wasnt so happy bout that...i wish i was 16 to have a job to get a laptop...

Originally posted by Star Wars Man@Mar 21 2006, 07:40 AM

i like technology and all but i would rather have a manual, i mean like in paper, (dont say print it out) cuz then i would have to run back to the comp every time i needed something or assemble it in the dining room on the dining room table
[snapback]1210070[/snapback]​

Why not say "print it out"? That's the obvious answer. If you don't have a printer at home then hit a Kinkos, or ask if you can print it out at school. The instructions on CD-ROM is an excellent option. The biggest advantage being the reference pics. You can put a TON of images on a CD-R that costs 25 cents. Including those as good quality color prints will increase the cost of the kit.

Looks like an excellent kit. I'm looking forward to the build up pics.

Fair input Star Wars man, and good response Red Two. Basically, it comes down to cost and ease. On the CD I can include a ton of images, color instructions, and notes. It's easy to update, and get copies to people if they need it. With my first kits I provided instructions on paper. They were black and white, and people wanted color. Some people lost them, which meant I had to print out new copies and mail them too them, which costs more money. In the end the CD allows most people to print the directions at any quality level they want to. I suppose, if someone bought the kit and said they did not have access to a printer I could print the instructions for them, but most seem the prefer this option.

I love the CD instructions idea. I think that's what I'm going to do with mine, that is an awesome looking kit, very nice.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back