JL: THE SNYDER CUT coming to HBO Max

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Usagi Pilgrim

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Alright guys, can anybody tell me if we have any clue what percentage of this film is different? Sorry if that’s already been stated, I’ve just been loosely following the thread.

I’m always used to seeing “Director’s Cuts” as maybe longer, slightly different versions of a released film that don’t significantly alter the overall story being told...but I feel like this is actually a completely different film, is that correct?
According to Snyder, less than 1/3 of what HE shot was in the Joss version, & it was over 2 hrs.

The Snyder Cut uses NOTHING from the theatrical version & is 4 hrs.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Gimpdiggity

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
According to Snyder, less than 1/3 of what HE shot was in the Joss version, & it was over 2 hrs.

The Snyder Cut uses NOTHING from the theatrical version & is 4 hrs.
Thank you...that means it seems like it will be completely different.

I have HBO Max, so I will probably watch it, but something about a lot of Snyder’s stuff just seems “off” to me. I’m not a fan of the color palette he uses quite often, and they all seem to take themselves VERY seriously. It will be interesting to see if it’s BETTER than what was released, or just different.

Usagi Pilgrim

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I strongly encourage folks to read the Vanity Fair article that gives a pretty cohesive breakdown with what happened, straight from the Snyder's themselves.

I just finished it & I can only say that, I have HBOMax,I will watch it there, when it's released on home formats & will buy it, & when theaters are back in full swing, my butt will be planted in an IMAX seat ASAP.

That has nothing to do with the quality of the film. It has everything to do with supporting an artist & the passion he has, not only for this project, but also for what finishing it ON HIS TERMS means to him & his family.

Ron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I strongly encourage folks to read the Vanity Fair article that gives a pretty cohesive breakdown with what happened, straight from the Snyder's themselves.

I just finished it & I can only say that, I have HBOMax,I will watch it there, when it's released on home formats & will buy it, & when theaters are back in full swing, my butt will be planted in an IMAX seat ASAP.

That has nothing to do with the quality of the film. It has everything to do with supporting an artist & the passion he has, not only for this project, but also for what finishing it ON HIS TERMS means to him & his family.
I haven't seen a lot of interviews with Snyder but from what little I have seen he seems like a decent guy. Like I mentioned, I'm not a fan of his movies but I'm going to give this one a shot. I admire his dedication despite the hardships he dealt with.

cboath

Master Member
I want to say I heard that Whedon's version reshot the vast majority of it - or hacked it up. I caught a bit of a mid way fight scene when i exited disney plus after watch the last Wanda Vision and yikes. Poor compositing, poor graphics, just clearly obvious cut this guy out of whatever the source footage was a comp him in here, bad switches from actor to cgi version. Oof. And WandaVision's work put it to massive shame - on i guarantee you, a fraction of the budget. But I digress. The point of mention that is I think it looked like that as Whedon hacked up what Snyder had done for much more of his own vision.