JL: THE SNYDER CUT coming to HBO Max

i think Snyder has done his take perfectly for this modern arena. The 1978 superman is redundant now and from a bygone time.

We all have our DVD's and blu rays of the Chris Reeve films so that side of the audience (40+ year olds) is more than catered for. Young kids today are not going to be hooked into the mythology of superman with a guy wearing underwear over his spandex tights.

i remember superman returns which was a homage to Christopher reeve superman and nobody was interested in it. Heck, nobody was interested in superman 4 and that still had Chris Reeve, but definitely has a charm to it.

Man of Steel is actually very similar to the 78 film, it follows almost the exact pattern, except it brings Superman into the real world in a what if scenario.

In a real life scenario, an alien wouldn't be welcomed by all, and though this might hurt people's feelings, its a fact that a spandex costume with underwear is frankly ridiculous in this day and age, unless you are going for pure campy or parody.

We have to let the character evolve, and appreciate each take on the character.
I just watched Tyler Hoechlin in his Superman show, and it clearly takes inspiration from Man of Steel both is some of its tone and aesthetic, but it also delves into some of the Reeve esque material. I think all audiences can be satisfied, as we are getting multiple versions.

I thought the Justice League was fabulous fantasy film making. I hope there is more.

What I said had nothing to do with the outfit. Superman is a do-gooder boyscout type. He's not a should i help people or not? He knew that early in life. MoS is all pouty, moody, and 'what should i do'. I'm not sure if you add all the footage of MoS, BvS and both JL's that Snyder has a happy look on his face more than 15 seconds combined.

I like Lois and Superman's take in that it shows a complete picture, father, husband, and hero. He's happy, he's man of action, he's upset, he's sad. MoS/BvS/JL didn't do much in the way of emotion for much of anyone really.

Still doesn't change that what I said was correct. He redid the movie. He was given the chance to redo something he didn't get to finish. You're arguing semantics. I don't care if you're Zach Snyder himself, you sound dickish by arguing over my *correct* choice of words.
I'm not arguing mate. I'm stating the facts.

He didn't "redo" his film. All the footage was in the can and sat there since 2016.
he left the film 5 months into post production.

All that footage we saw in the 4 hour snyder cut is his footage shot in 2016 apart from 4 minutes.

He didn't shoot anything new other than the little joker, deathstroke and batman interaction at the end which was simply an additional scene.

Redoing would mean reshooting footage, but he never reshot anything.

All that footage we see is from his 5 hour assembly footage shot in 2016.
The Snyder Cut is basically the film he originally intended to release before he left.

The Whedon cut is the "Redo".

Zack Snyder should have been shot at birth... he destroyed batman and superman movies

Man of Steel would have also been so much better had Nolan not left production, Nolan left due to a fall out with Snyder..

Snyder means snydey... get rid of him hollywood.
mate are you ok?

Christopher Nolan specially hired Zack Snyder to do Man of Steel. see the attached foreward from Chris Nolan.
Recently we discovered that Nolan suported Zack during his tragedy and also watched the Whedon cut and told Zack's wife to make sure zack never saw it.
Nolan is friends with Zack.

Are you talking to me? Because I'm not wrong, and it's such a minor point to get bothered by that airair felt they had to quote me and reply with a two long explanations over one word.

So I'll break it down for you with my own unnecessarily long post: Snyder left the project. Whedon finished the film. The film was released. It was the only version of the film people saw. Snyder was given the chance to do his version of the movie, which was a revision of the previously released theatrical version. He redid the movie. As I said in my original post, "I feel it's really hard to judge this solely on it's own merits, given that it's attempting to redo a film that someone else took over." I don't know how you read that and not understand that I'm saying Whedon took over the movie and completed it in a different way, which Snyder got to redo.

I think it's stupid for people to be focused on one little word, which was correct in context. It shows a lack of comprehension. Instead of a discussion of the actual movie, it's a dumb argument on semantics.
nah mate you are wrong.

you can't redo a movie by using your own original footage shot in 2016.
lol

Zack shot all his footage in 2016.
whedon shot his footage in 2017. whedon's cut is the redo.

The snyder cut uses all of zack's footage shot in 2016.
The snyder cut is the original film.

therefore you are wrong mate.
Hope that clears everything up!

What I said had nothing to do with the outfit. Superman is a do-gooder boyscout type. He's not a should i help people or not? He knew that early in life. MoS is all pouty, moody, and 'what should i do'. I'm not sure if you add all the footage of MoS, BvS and both JL's that Snyder has a happy look on his face more than 15 seconds combined.

I like Lois and Superman's take in that it shows a complete picture, father, husband, and hero. He's happy, he's man of action, he's upset, he's sad. MoS/BvS/JL didn't do much in the way of emotion for much of anyone really.
nah Mate.

Man of Steel is directly taken from the comics, in particular Dan Jurgens, and several others.

If you actually read some of the recent comics, Zack literally took scenes from the comics and put them on the screen in Man of Steel.

In the comics, Superman has killed, superman has died.

Superman isn't a 1 dimensional boyscout anymore. Its only a few minority of 70s fans that are gatekeeping.

How many times can a studio have a cheesy spandex wearing superman on screen for? didnt work in 2006 with Brandon Routh.
I think today's audiences are requiring different outcomes than comfort films.

not sure what movies you saw mate but the pictures and actual film say otherwise!, as do the comics.
Even chris reeve barely smiled other than when interacting with Lois and maybe after a rescue scene. he wasn't smiling with a huge grin 24/7.
i think the nostalgia effect has blinded many people's actual memories of what actually was in the reeve films.

even in Smallville tv show, jonathan kent is a strict father and tells clark to be very careful when attempting to save people.

In man of steel he helps save people, and actually smiles, but not in some cheesy manner.

the 70s movie isn't the bible on Superman, its rather dated now.

I like to see evolution just like in the comics.
we can't keep having the same superman film from the 70s.
let the youngsters today enjoy the benefits of improved vfx and fantasy!

Attachments

• z1WBK6x.jpg
    z1WBK6x.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • dc-cinematic-universe-superman-saves-someone-screenshots-992500.jpg
    dc-cinematic-universe-superman-saves-someone-screenshots-992500.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 81
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 78
I'm not arguing mate. I'm stating the facts.

He didn't "redo" his film. All the footage was in the can and sat there since 2016.
he left the film 5 months into post production.

All that footage we saw in the 4 hour snyder cut is his footage shot in 2016 apart from 4 minutes.

He didn't shoot anything new other than the little joker, deathstroke and batman interaction at the end which was simply an additional scene.

Redoing would mean reshooting footage, but he never reshot anything.

All that footage we see is from his 5 hour assembly footage shot in 2016.
The Snyder Cut is basically the film he originally intended to release before he left.

The Whedon cut is the "Redo".

mate are you ok?

Christopher Nolan specially hired Zack Snyder to do Man of Steel. see the attached foreward from Chris Nolan.
Recently we discovered that Nolan suported Zack during his tragedy and also watched the Whedon cut and told Zack's wife to make sure zack never saw it.

nah mate you are wrong.

you can't redo a movie by using your own original footage shot in 2016.
lol

Zack shot all his footage in 2016.
whedon shot his footage in 2017. whedon's cut is the redo.

The snyder cut uses all of zack's footage shot in 2016.
The snyder cut is the original film.

therefore you are wrong mate.
Hope that clears everything up!

nah Mate.

Man of Steel is directly taken from the comics, in particular Dan Jurgens, and several others.

If you actually read some of the recent comics, Zack literally took scenes from the comics and put them on the screen in Man of Steel.

In the comics, Superman has killed, superman has died.

Superman isn't a 1 dimensional boyscout anymore. Its only a few minority of 70s fans that are gatekeeping.

How many times can a studio have a cheesy spandex wearing superman on screen for? didnt work in 2006 with Brandon Routh.
I think today's audiences are requiring different outcomes than comfort films.

not sure what movies you saw mate but the pictures and actual film say otherwise, as do the comics.
even in Smallville tv show, jonathan kent is a strict father and tells clark to be very careful when attempting to save people.

In man of steel he helps save people, and actually smiles, but not in some cheesy manner.

the 70s movie isn't the bible on Superman, its rather dated now.

:lol::lol::lol:
Watching people break their backs to smell their own farts will never stop being funny.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a new Joek3rr of the DC universe.

mate are you ok?

I,m good, i could be wrong on this but i,m sure i either read or seen a short documentary where it was explained that snyder or goyer slagged nolan due to the fact Chris Nolan was not sure what colour batmans belt should be for his outstanding batman trilogy which if true is crazy.

So i may have jumped the gun/pardon the pun, maybe it was David Goyer that pissed Nolan off.

I believe Christopher Nolan left during/maybe half way through the production of MOS... correct me if i,m wrong, if he did then why?

I had to watch the first half in 30 minute increments it was so drawn out and unengaging. The Amazonia who died under her horse: are we supposed to know who she is? Remember her from a prior film or something? What's so important about her death above all the others? Did we need three slomo crane push-in shots of her dead body? Is this the movie or did that day's dailies slip in?

Iris had been parked in front of the shop, which is on the corner of the intersection. Her car traveled maybe 30 feet from a stop before hitting the semi. It doesn't matter how fast the semi was going, she T-boned IT. That accident would have messed up the the front end of her car and maybe she would've cracked some ribs on the steering wheel, but the car rolling several times and blowing up, and throwing her clear? Nooooope

Steppenwolf and/or Darksied sensed the boxes because Superman died and there was no longer a Kryptonian to (I guess) mask the signal? Clark's been on Earth, what, 35 years? And the boxes have been there thousands? Why didn't they sense them before?

There's a lot of messy plot points in the film, including the mother boxes. I'm guessing comic readers might "get it" a little more since this seems like a comic book storyline.
Full disclosure: I'm an old guy that grew up with CR Superman and the comics anthology from 1938-1978. I love the big Blue Boyscout but I don't want to see that done again. As far as I can tell, any attempt to write superheroes in a "real world" setting is going to be horribly tragic or ridiculous (maybe both!).
I thought this walked the line pretty well, it was entertaining and superior film making and story telling over the theatrical release.
On the topic of who redid what:
When the Donner cut of Superman II was released over two decades after the theatrical release I was surprised how much better it dovetailed to the first film. It really made the Lester version look like a hack job. After learning the history of both films I would apply the label of re-do to Lester's version since he took something that already existed, made changes (rewriting, reshooting and recasting) then released it. The situation with Justice League seems pretty similar with Whedon taking an existing film and reshooting, rewriting....
It does seem like semantics but I think it's important to give people the credit they are due for their original creations (good or bad). Donner and Snyder both made original films that got "reworked" for theatrical release by others.

Superman 2 is one of the rare movies where both the theatrical and director's cut were enjoyable for different reasons. I'm glad that both exist and could make a caae for either. Agree that proper credit is important no matter what film or director it is. I'm sure the directors don't look at it as semantics when they have that much of themselves invested in a project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back