JJA's Star Trek phaser...

Here's a few pics of my Kelvin build
DSCF4879.jpg

DSCF4880.jpg

DSCF4877.jpg

DSCF4882.jpg

DSCF4881.jpg

It's been painted since these picture were taken, I'll be doing a cleaner version soon.

Here's a few pics of my Kelvin build
DSCF4879.jpg

DSCF4880.jpg

DSCF4877.jpg

DSCF4882.jpg

DSCF4881.jpg

It's been painted since these picture were taken, I'll be doing a cleaner version soon.

WoooooOOOOOWWW !!! Man that is a GREAT Build ! How many hours have you spent on the KELVIN Build? You did all that from just a few hard angle pics? :love

Thanks for sharing the shots. Please post more of the project as you go. The detail is fantastic! Thanks again.

Gordon

WoooooOOOOOWWW !!! Man that is a GREAT Build ! How many hours have you spent on the KELVIN Build? You did all that from just a few hard angle pics? :love

Thanks for sharing the shots. Please post more of the project as you go. The detail is fantastic! Thanks again.

Gordon
Not from pics... From MEMORY.

I drew up some plans in illustrator for the phaser. I started work on a master for a mold some time back but new info says that my plans are a tad under sized. QMx wouldn't give me any info when I contacted them so.... anyone know the length so I can continue my version?

Total hours in I would say 3 maybe 4 , The next Kelvin Phaser will get a little more time and thought given to it as far as making it into a kit form . Having seen better pictures of it I know where to make adjustments now .

Here ya go. I took these earlier today, and have done a bit more work on the phaser since then. Sporak's got the handle that we had machined and knurled, so I can't take any pics of it right now.

Richard

Here's what I've got done so far on one of those. I haven't worked on it since before the holidays. I guess I ought to blow the dust off of it and see about finishing it up.

I'm also working on a Kelvin phaser, but I don't have any pics of it at this time.

Richard

That's beautiful work.

Those Romulan Disruptors look cool also - they do not look that complicated in design. I can't say there are many Trek Props I don't like. I remember making my first Star Trek Phaser out of LEGOs when I was about seven. Mom said I could only use a STUN setting on the dog :love.

Gordon
Man do I have you beat...lol my first phaser had attachments that showed the enterprise and a romulan bird of bird of pray on the wall...lol wish I still had it.

I drew up some plans in illustrator for the phaser. I started work on a master for a mold some time back but new info says that my plans are a tad under sized. QMx wouldn't give me any info when I contacted them so.... anyone know the length so I can continue my version?

I have not used Illustrator. I have used a combination of PHOTOshop and Rhino 3D. I have a couple of project where I have made the Digital model but not yet built the 3D prop.

All i can say is that I LOVE YOUR WORK. :love

Gordon

Are you talking about an STL file of the upper part of the Kelvin Phaser? I have Lightwave. The STL will drive machining CNC devices and Fused Deposition Modeling 3D Prototypers.

Are you making a limited run in metal, or an expanded run in resin?

I can model the top in 1-2 days... if you need it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back