Limited Run Jimmiroquai's First Order Snow Trooper Armor and Helmet kits - Now accepting orders

jimmiroquai

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all! I’m going to do a run of our First Order Snow Trooper armor.

You can check out the build thread here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239344&page=7&highlight=jimmiroquai

This is cast in durable, flexible lightweight fiberglass. Much more forgiving and comfortable than rigid fiberglass, much more durable than ABS/HIPS. Takes paint very well. Right and left parts have already been molded and, after some minor trimming to fit the spats to your boots, the armor can already be rigged up and painted right out of the box. There are some surface imperfections from the molding process, so some surface finishing may need to be done before painting. It's a very simple build compared to either TK or Clone. Because it's very flexible, i think it'll fit a wide range of sizes. It'll also be easy to resize if necessary.

This is what the updated raw armor set looks like:
20160721_083512_zpsl7smnghq.jpg

Revised helmet:
DSC_0726_zpsh8dbcbqo.jpg

DSC_0727_zpssd3lrwfu.jpg

DSC_0728_zpspzxhgmye.jpg

Backpack:
20160614_114531_zpszhc3e0rh.jpg

20160614_114619_zpsmxfhsygi.jpg

20160614_114547_zpss85shz5n.jpg

20160614_114634_zpscwv03lhk.jpg

Here's how flexible this stuff is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdVZZwjYp4

I am selling raw, unpainted flexible fiberglass sets only

Pricing is as follows (all prices plus shipping)
First Order Snowtrooper
Option 1: Full FOTS set: armor + helmet + back pack: $875usd
Option 2: FOTS armor only: $500usd
Option 3: FOTS helmet only: $190usd
Option 4: FOTS / Jakku heavy FOTK back pack only: $175usd
Option 5: FOTS armor + Back pack only: $680usd
Option 6: FOTS amor + helmet only: $680usd

I’ll be needing a 40% deposit (40% of the total price excluding shipping) to start casting your kit when your run starts

This ships from the Philippines via Express Mail Service (EMS, 1-2weeks) or Philpost International Parcel Service (2-3 weeks), both with tracking.(Due to the backward postal system of my country, tracking info may be delayed but delivery service is not, so rest assured while it may take some time for tracking to update, your package will be on its way.)
Shipping costs for this large package is significant. PM me for a shipping quote.
Payment will be via Paypal to jimmiroquai@yahoo.com

FAQ
1) Will this armor fit me?
A > The Snowtrooper helmet is very large in it's correct scale. This armor will probably be more suited to taller folk, maybe 5'8 up. That being said, since most of the snowtrooper is made up the soft parts, this armor can fit a wide range of people.

2) Is this armor 501st approved?
A > First off, the 501st doesn't approve just the armor. Nor is any armor "501st approved" out of the box. You have to have all the elements of the whole costume, build and wear the costume to match the CRL and be approved as an individual. That being said, i made this armor to be approvable. As of today, June 8, 2016, the CRL for the TFA FO Snowtrooper has yet to be published.

3) What is new for this run?
A> We are using a different mix of flexible resin. Much lighter, a bit less rubbery, but still very flexible and durable. This addresses the previous weight issues as well as paint issues in the high flex areas. It's a much much better mix.

4) Where do I get the rest of the costume (Boots, belt, pouches, soft costume).
A> The original boots that were used were Kamik snow boots, which are a bit hard to find. You can find cheap snow / rain boots on ebay with similar rubber details. Belts can be ordered from
beltsofthefirstorder@gmail.com or Trooperbay.com. Pouches are very similar to the snow trooper pouches from ESB and one can modify those.

5) What is the lead time for orders?
A> I’ll be needing 40% deposit (of the sale price excluding shipping). Once that’s paid, your kit is queued for casting. Casting usually takes around 2-3 days per set and we usually have sets ready after a week, depending on volume and your place on the queue. First deposits in, first kits out. Shipping usually takes 2-3 weeks for regular air parcel or 5-7 working days for EMS

Thanks for the interest!

Last edited:
Re: Jimmiroquai's First Order Snow Trooper Helmet and Armor kits - Now accepting orde

Beautiful work as always jim! Let me know when your tailor starts making suits!!! ;D

Re: Jimmiroquai's First Order Snow Trooper Helmet and Armor kits - Now accepting orde

the eye slot isn't quite right but overall nice work

Parts are being revised based on input from you guys.

Jimmi,

There's a whole bunch of great photos on the Blizzard Force forum if you've not seen them

EDIT - Just seen you posting in there, so assume you've looked at the threads

Just out of curiosity, what would you charge for just the gauntlets and shin guards?

Re: Jimmiroquai's First Order Snow Trooper Armor and Helmet kits - Now accepting orde

Are you still making updates to the armor and helmet, or are these pictures the finished product you will be shipping?

Re: Jimmiroquai's First Order Snow Trooper Armor and Helmet kits - Now accepting orde

Armor is more or less final, and i just posted the revised helmet pics. :)

Last edited:

Pics of the painted up helmet:
DSC_0726_zpsh8dbcbqo.jpg

DSC_0727_zpssd3lrwfu.jpg

DSC_0728_zpspzxhgmye.jpg

Test fitting my rigging for the armor. Still have to work on the belt, cod, and shins and the decals on the chest and back.
20160702_074256_zpskdsrijfh.jpg

20160702_074331_zpsuvuistqa.jpg

20160702_074409_zpsf1ucpsrf.jpg

Last edited:

It looks great Jim, did you use the same tailor as the tie pilot suit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, same tailor. I use him for everything. :) From suits, to my wife's dresses, to WW2 uniforms, to starwars stuff. :)

Hey Jim,
PM Sent for a Back Pack,
Please,
Thanks,
AL

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm almost done. We're still moulding the revised shoulders.
20160709_065727_zpsjif1bsbf.jpg

20160709_065742_zpsjacgit7u.jpg

20160709_065808_zps7mrtvvwr.jpg

20160709_065831_zpsyhabda8i.jpg

20160709_065851_zpsbhudvujq.jpg

20160709_065843_zpsqmxsrfrh.jpg

It keeps getting better and better, awesome work jim

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PM sent for a backpack - Thank you !

I now have limited stocks of accurate rubber belt material. :) Still only an additional $10 when you get it with the set.
20160719_180347_zpsvxq4aapq.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back