Jim Carrey has retired

So was this an April fools thing, or was he actually serious? Thats quite ironic even asking that....
So if he does retire, I wonder if he would come back for a smaller role or quick cameo. I hear that Sonic 3 was already greenlit, so either Robotnik isn't in it, or maybe they will convince him for a smaller part. As far as Sonic's movieverse goes now, it would just be weird to have any other actor in the role.

He was one of the all time greats IMO . I don’t watch new movies they are complete trash as is Hollywood . It’s not about great Actors and films it’s about propaganda you can’t argue it . We really got to see the best films ever Created guess we are lucky in that respect .

So was this an April fools thing, or was he actually serious? Thats quite ironic even asking that....
So if he does retire, I wonder if he would come back for a smaller role or quick cameo. I hear that Sonic 3 was already greenlit, so either Robotnik isn't in it, or maybe they will convince him for a smaller part. As far as Sonic's movieverse goes now, it would just be weird to have any other actor in the role.
He said after sonic 2 he’s out .

Carrey is 60yo. He's worth $180m. After doing stuff like 'Truman Show' and 'Eternal Sunshine', he is now playing a villian in a video game franchise.

Quitting seems like a pretty rational decision for him. These current roles probably aren't very inspiring and they probably aren't big paydays compared to what he already has in the bank.

I forgot about Once Bitten. I enjoyed it in all of it's 1980's cornball silliness, but it's been a few decades since I've seen it. In Living Color was just a pressure cooker of comedic talent and launched not only Carrey's career, but SO many others who I to this day I consider some of the greatest comics to ever live. Blank Man used to make me laugh so hard I'd be crying. J5555555555!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen much of Carrey's later works. Never saw Yes Man, or Sonic or anything. Though we just rewatched Fun with Dick and Jane which held up very well. I always enjoyed that one and thought it caught a lot of unwarranted flak. I always enjoyed most of his movies over the years but I can respect the desire to want to (mostly) close a certain chapter in his life. I know he's really into painting.

I have to say the one film that truly showed his diversity as an actor was The Number 23. He plays Walter and Fingerling so drastically different from one another, and you can't help but feel sorry for Walter towards the end of the film.

In Living Color was just a pressure cooker of comedic talent and launched not only Carrey's career, but SO many others who I to this day I consider some of the greatest comics to ever live. Blank Man used to make me laugh so hard I'd be crying. J5555555555!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah totally. SNL had one of their best casts ever in the early 1990s. But ILC was still giving them a run for their money, and doing it with a shorter time slot & resources.

I Love You Phillip Morris is right up there with the Big Lebowski. But just as with the Men Who Stare at Goats it's overlooked. Man on the Moon had a mass of its scenes cut which made it more of a TV movie on a grand scale. Such a shame but the studio ended up with cold feet while it was being filmed. Rip Milo's Forman, I had lunch in a cemetery with him as the funeral scenes for Man on the Moon were filming. He said it was going to be the end of his career as the movie would be unreleasable with the cuts.on3 of those what could have been movies.

Jim is an overall artist. He not only did comedy, but he did serious roles, surprisingly well, and he creates in other areas, like painting. He is a creative mind, and those never retire. You can’t stop being creative. So I suspect this won’t be the last we hear from him, as far as acting. He may be retiring from acting in all the “usual projects”, but I’m sure a project will come along that will allow him to stretch his abilities, and allow him to be creative, and he will decide it’s the right fit for him at that moment. There will be a day he is itching to act, and he will be in the position to just be picky as to what project he wants to work on.

Took my boy to see Sonic 2 over the weekend. It was actually pretty good. I cant believe this is the one he went out on.

Took my boy to see Sonic 2 over the weekend. It was actually pretty good. I cant believe this is the one he went out on.

Nothing will ever be as bad as Connery going out on The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. :(

I've liked Carry since the Living Color days, but was far more a fan of his dramatic work. I'm glad he's doing what makes him happy though, loved the painting video.

Hmm. I found his exact quote and it doesn’t exactly sound like a retirement is set in stone. More like he was just thinking out loud about needing a break. I feel like he’s been fairly low-key as far as how many roles he’s been doing for a while now anyway.

“Well, I’m retiring. Yeah, probably. I’m being fairly serious. It depends.”

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back