Jeremy Renner in critical but stable condition after accident

I don't have the correct words to show my appreciation for your post. My recently deceased father, today is his birthday, couldn't deal with canes and walkers and similar elderly walking aids, and spent many years struggling with issues that others had already solved. I currently have two friends going through the same with their fathers. The tools exist, use them. But I couldn't possibly phrase it better than you already did, so I will leave it at "read the previous comment above".
I'm very sorry for your recent loss, but I pray that today you can celebrate the good & great times you shared.

As a person who chose to have an amputation, there are times that keeping the leg will result in a MUCH lower quality of life than loosing it. I had a bone issue that kept me either off my feet, in a walking boot, in a cast from the knee down, or in a wheelchair on & off for almost 10 years. I finally just decided to lose the leg altogether & it was one of the singularly greatest decisions that I ever made.

When I told my family my decision, it was amazing the differences in reactions. Those I was in regular contact with were extremely supportive & glad the previous issues were coming to an end, but extended family were absolutely horrified that I would consider "voluntarily ruining my life". Around the same time, a friend's cousin was told by his doctor that he would have to lose a couple of toes. The man, who was middle aged, couldn't deal with the thought, & actually ended his life over the idea of losing a body part. Another lady my brother works with had her ankle fused after a motorcycle accident, & told him that she wished she had the courage to have just had an amputation instead.

I guess my point is, I'm seeing about the same differing reactions online regarding Mr Renner, & I sincerely can say from my experience that it's all about attitude. My lifelong philosophy has been this-

If you have a problem & identify the problem, if you don't fix the problem, then YOU'RE the problem.

My leg was a problem, & it sounds like from his injuries, his could be one as well.

I'm a recent amputee (below the knee) and I totally agree when it comes to your attitude helping what your outcome will be. Somehow I found the courage to deal with my amputation in a way that really made all the difference for me. I'm sure Jeremy will as well if it comes down to that.

I'm a recent amputee (below the knee) and I totally agree when it comes to your attitude helping what your outcome will be. Somehow I found the courage to deal with my amputation in a way that really made all the difference for me. I'm sure Jeremy will as well if it comes down to that.
Right BKA, myself.

I knew I liked you for some reason.

LOL

As a person who chose to have an amputation, there are times that keeping the leg will result in a MUCH lower quality of life than loosing it. I had a bone issue that kept me either off my feet, in a walking boot, in a cast from the knee down, or in a wheelchair on & off for almost 10 years. I finally just decided to lose the leg altogether & it was one of the singularly greatest decisions that I ever made.

When I told my family my decision, it was amazing the differences in reactions. Those I was in regular contact with were extremely supportive & glad the previous issues were coming to an end, but extended family were absolutely horrified that I would consider "voluntarily ruining my life". Around the same time, a friend's cousin was told by his doctor that he would have to lose a couple of toes. The man, who was middle aged, couldn't deal with the thought, & actually ended his life over the idea of losing a body part. Another lady my brother works with had her ankle fused after a motorcycle accident, & told him that she wished she had the courage to have just had an amputation instead.

I guess my point is, I'm seeing about the same differing reactions online regarding Mr Renner, & I sincerely can say from my experience that it's all about attitude. My lifelong philosophy has been this-

If you have a problem & identify the problem, if you don't fix the problem, then YOU'RE the problem.

My leg was a problem, & it sounds like from his injuries, his could be one as well.

I had the thought too. If JR's leg damage is bad enough, then amputation may be the better option even if it's not mandatory. I didn't suggest it in my last post out of an impulse to stay positive.

But you just made me realize the mistake in that. If amputation is the better option for Jeremy's injuries, then it's NOT "staying positive" for me to avoid the idea. The most positive outcome is whatever works best for him overall, with or without the damaged leg.

Man... It just hit me that this could really open up some storytelling down the line between Hawkeye & Echo/Maya, since she's an amputee as well.

Not the most important thing by any means, but they could do a LOT of good for young people going through amputation, or just to show positive attitudes after the fact.

Last thing, here are a couple of my favorite shirts. I've found that they've made people really at ease & brought smiles to faces after they've seen them...
PXL_20230114_135224447.jpg
PXL_20230114_135259421.jpg

Last edited:
There's a local girl who lost her leg in a car accident, in her 20s, and I've seen her around every once in a while wearing a "One legged *ss kicking champion" tshirt. :lol:

I think if they use Hawkeye again, and I hope they do because I tend to like non powered heroes, they could easily write this in. Not to mention it would be a good role model for kids with disabilities. I mean there are a ton of combat veterans in the U.S. right now with prosthetics, so they aren't hard to find, but still.

I might end up losing my feet down the road due to Diabetes. Sucks, and I am doing everything I can to avoid it. If it happens I have big plans. I watched my Grandfather lose toe after toe and when they finally took his feet he was happier with his prosthetic.

So I am going to have:

A Terminator Endo foot. Should be fun at the mall.

A Bond type foot. Something you would get from Q with lots of gadgets.

Firearm's foot. Might combine it with Bond gadget foot.

Likely an alien type foot. Again, fun at the mall.

A real looking foot to scrae peaople via stabbing demonstrations. "Give me $20 and I will stab myself in the foot"

and anything else I can think of.

If you are not having any fun what is the point.

I might end up losing my feet down the road due to Diabetes. Sucks, and I am doing everything I can to avoid it. If it happens I have big plans. I watched my Grandfather lose toe after toe and when they finally took his feet he was happier with his prosthetic.

So I am going to have:

A Terminator Endo foot. Should be fun at the mall.

A Bond type foot. Something you would get from Q with lots of gadgets.

Firearm's foot. Might combine it with Bond gadget foot.

Likely an alien type foot. Again, fun at the mall.

A real looking foot to scrae peaople via stabbing demonstrations. "Give me $20 and I will stab myself in the foot"

and anything else I can think of.

If you are not having any fun what is the point.
Nah, be positive. Diabetes doesn’t mean you will inevitably lose your feet. I have many relatives who live with diabetes, and as long as you go to the doctor often, have your feet checked out, and have good foot healthcare and hygiene (washing, inspecting, treating any ulcers or cuts immediately) then you shouldn’t get infections that could lead to amputation. Just stay on top of things and you should be good.

Hate to continue to derail the thread, but...

As someone who recently underwent an amputation due to complications from diabetes, I strongly suggest you do everything in your power to avoid it getting that bad. For years all I did about my diabetes was take my meds and see my doctor. Never focused on eating right, getting enough exercise, or to even stop drinking. Well, guess what? 3 years ago my meds stopped working. Finally, I took things seriously and began really working on managing my diabetes better.

Unfortunately it was too late. Even though I had lost weight and got my A1C level down, I still got a wound on my foot that ended up getting badly infected. Now I'm an amputee. While dealing with not having a left foot anymore isn't the hardest thing ever, I wish I still had both feet. If you can at all avoid an amputation then you should.

Hate to continue to derail the thread, but...

As someone who recently underwent an amputation due to complications from diabetes, I strongly suggest you do everything in your power to avoid it getting that bad. For years all I did about my diabetes was take my meds and see my doctor. Never focused on eating right, getting enough exercise, or to even stop drinking. Well, guess what? 3 years ago my meds stopped working. Finally, I took things seriously and began really working on managing my diabetes better.

Unfortunately it was too late. Even though I had lost weight and got my A1C level down, I still got a wound on my foot that ended up getting badly infected. Now I'm an amputee. While dealing with not having a left foot anymore isn't the hardest thing ever, I wish I still had both feet. If you can at all avoid an amputation then you should.

I'm working on it. Got all the numbers where they are supposed to be but the Neuropathy is not getting better so I will keep working on it.

Anyway I hope you manage okay and I hope Jeremy recovers.

Last edited:
I didn't realize there were other amputees here besides me. I was thinking of starting an Off-Topic thread for us to share, discuss, or answer any questions. Just generally support & educate.

Curious if any would think it would be of any interest?
Yes, I think a separate thread would be helpful with many of our members...even the ones who are not amputees or are going to be in a near future.
Education for the layman is also important. I had a friend who was a double amputee (car accident) and was exercising at the gym with me.
I never thought that he had lost both his legs. He walked slowly and "stiffly" and I thought that he had problems with his hips or kneeso_O
Until he changed in the change rooms...I was in awe of his positivity and the acceptance he had over his condition!

As for Jeremy; the doctors have made a diagnostic about his condition. His fight would last, at least, two years to show recovery. Yes, the extend of his injuries are bigger than people thought in the first place. Loss of blood was problematic, leg and upper chest injuries adding to the picture.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back