Jens Hansen Website?

Mechinyun

Sr Member
Hey guys I seem to have lost the web site for the one ring maker. Can someone post it here for me?

Im thinking of having one made as my wedding band. Those of you who have this ring, is it really thick? My fingers are pretty skinny and I hate wearing any rings in general so im hoping its not some huge clunky thing between my fingers.

Thanks everyone.

-Cliff

They are quite large but do not stick out further than any other wedding band would, smaller than a class ring for example.
I have a sixe 10 18 ct that I would consider selling at a considerabley less price on the site if you are interested. You can pm me if it would be a help to you.

It's actually quite thick, and wide. But nice. It has taken me some time to get used to it, but then I never wore rings so it may be just getting used to a ring in general.

Btw, you should also know that 5postboy (Chen) has made a replica that is really nice. (I can say that having seen one in person)
Unfortunately, the threads about it where it is compared to the Jens Hansen rings have fallen off the boards.

just doing some conversions....did they drop their prices ? It seems like their white gold was more than 500 back in the day...did the price of their dollar drop or something ?

Originally posted by Got Maul@Dec 12 2005, 04:23 PM
just doing some conversions....did they drop their prices ? It seems like their white gold was more than 500 back in the day...did the price of their dollar drop or something ?
[snapback]1134162[/snapback]​

Actually, the price of gold has gone way up over the past few years and the U.S. dollar has fallen. I remember when people were buying the 9k ring for just over $200. Now it's $419 when you do the conversion. Bummer.

Also...about the Chen ring. It was machined brass. Very nice, but not good to wear.

The 18ct rings were at $ 1139 US just a week ago and have dropped back down to $ 875 US due to the weak dollar. the gold prices are at their highest right now and look to raise higher yet. If thats the case and or the US dollar strengthens, you should see another price jump again.

Tripoli...Wouldn't the weak dollar translate into HIGHER prices for overseas products? If our currency is strong, then it's worth more foreign dollars, like the NZ dollar. So the 590 NZ for a 9k ring gets translated into fewer US dollars, right?

Originally posted by tripoli@Dec 12 2005, 12:15 PM
The 18ct rings were at $ 1139 US just a week ago and have dropped back down to $ 875 US due to the weak dollar.  the gold prices are at their highest right now and look to raise higher yet.  If thats the case and or the US dollar strengthens, you should see another price jump again.
[snapback]1134229[/snapback]​

Thats what I was trying to point out . thanks Jeff.

BTW- thanks for the PM . I am getting my ring finger sized today.

When I ordered my ring, I voiced my concern over current exchange rates, and they were quite willing to prorate their cost back a little to where the exchange rate was a bit more favorable, and save me a bit. Im not talking hundreds of dollars, but enough to make a difference. They're standup people, and very willing to work for their customer.

I use mine as my wedding band...

Trust me, though, you don't want to see pictures because you'd have a hard time spotting the ring under my hairy monkey-mitt. :lol

Russ

Originally posted by Darth Lars+Dec 12 2005, 09:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Lars @ Dec 12 2005, 09:22 AM)</div>
Btw, you should also know that 5postboy (Chen) has made a replica that is really nice. (I can say that having seen one in person)
Unfortunately, the threads about it where it is compared to the Jens Hansen rings have fallen off the boards.
[snapback]1134102[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-gokarosama
@Dec 12 2005, 09:26 AM
Yes, but not the best track record.

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=79241
[snapback]1134102[/snapback]​

For what it's worth, I ordered a ring from 5postboy (Chen) in early December. It arrived over the holidays without any problem and it is BEAUTIFUL. It is a piece of perfection and looks exactly like the screen used ring. (and I'm very fussy as this was the 4th replica I bought in search of the best one without paying a fortune for the Jens Hansen ring).

No. Nor does that matter. His mistakes are well-documented.

I don't mean to sound overly dismissive--we all make mistakes. But it's generally considered bad form to recommend dealing with members who have been widely scorned for poor business practices.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back