Jehdin's first ever diorama

JehdinThwei

It's bigger than what the photos indicate, but here is my first ever diorama. I'll use it for Hot Toys as well as NECA figs. Yes..... I play with dolls

29563952.jpg

96664420.jpg

68825159.jpg

46117766.jpg

42019955owl.jpg

94720796.jpg

Very striking, love the lighting too, you've turned a simple figure display into a really cool diorama! Keep it up mate!

MoFo'n FLABBERGASTED!!!

Wow Bro.... simply frikkin' cooooooo!!!! The candles bro... every time. It's what sets the scene for your shots. They always turn out good with the candles you use.

:D :mad:

Thanks guys.
Now if I can keep from lighting all of that moss on fire (all of it real). The Spanish moss hanging from the trees, especially

:mad:

Dude, That's friggin amazing! Oh the ideas it gives me...

Thanks man!! ...and COOL, I can't wait to see :mad:

wow!!! this is amazing, i like it alot,!!! lol , damn i need to get my display cases or shelves !!! great job Jehdin!!

Thanks brother. For some reason I wanted to get this done before the Lost Tribe comes out in the 7" figures, and before the Classic and Shadow Pred arrive in the Hot Toys. Then I bought all of the items I needed and made it in one day. I think I might need to expand it and make it even bigger; maybe "living room size"

Dude that dio is killer awesome! It's very natural looking too which adds to the effect

Much appreciated. There is only one piece that is plastic; the little plant on the left. The rest of it is real sand, real moss (5 types), real bamboo, real branches, real grass, and real rock. That probably lends towards the "real" look. :D Thanks for commenting, bro. :eek:

Super sweet, the look fits them very well.I of course love dio's and wish there was more out there to see.Bill it totally changes the game in my book , and as a walk in piece for the house it must be a show stopper.My hive is wow but the space these take is a commitment, and dust will be a small problem.

jehdin, i gotta give it to ya buddy, that is one outstanding diorama my dude! fuckin, DAMN! really, nice work man

love the bamboo approach! looks like a scene from the movie we never got to see.

Super sweet, the look fits them very well.I of course love dio's and wish there was more out there to see.Bill it totally changes the game in my book , and as a walk in piece for the house it must be a show stopper.My hive is wow but the space these take is a commitment, and dust will be a small problem.

Yeah, you've been encouraging me to do one, and your hive was an inspiration, bro
This was put together with two pieces of 12" x 36" x 1-1/2" thick Styrofoam, with wood cross braces underneath; then covered with black cloth wrapped around and hot glued to the bottom. I can move it anywhere and put it on almost any table....or I might make a stand for it. The point being that I can move it anywhere so it can be a show piece, or if I have company over and I need the space I can tuck it into a back room somewhere. Of course, I already want to make it bigger or make another. . I certainly can see the addiction :eek:
Regarding dust, good point. The moss can be replaced easy enough, but I have been wondering about the best way to dust the rest of it along with the figures. What do you do with yours? Compressed air canisters like for computer keyboards? Let me know if you get a chance, man :mad: Thanks!!

jehdin, i gotta give it to ya buddy, that is one outstanding diorama my dude! fuckin, DAMN! really, nice work man

love the bamboo approach! looks like a scene from the movie we never got to see.

Thanks bro!! I appreciate it. I don't know if I can get 6 Hot Toys preds on there without it looking jammed up, so I might make an extension to it. For the NECA 7" dudes, it is plenty big enough. None of the figures or scenery are glued, so I can change it up and add or remove trees, etc. and change figures as well. I feel a Halloween theme in my near future
The black fabric covers Styrofoam, and sand is in top of that, so to insert the bamboo or branches I just use a razor blade and make a tiny slit in the fabric, then shove the piece into the Styrofoam. If I pull something out, the sand covers the slit in the fabric. Moss is strewn loosely around on top of the sand.

Thanks again for the compliment on it :D

Good call!!!, yeah i do use air dusters for all my shelves and figures.Its good for the dreads too , they will build dust very easy and from what i have read dust will wear on paint and the armor straps.You may have trouble with the moss not breaking up and flying around but i guess thats the easy to reapply.
Addiction is a good word for it, and just wait you will get a cool idea and start using epoxy or clay and them you will be up to your knees in new ideas.

I would love to build the cock pit of a predator ship for the NECA lost preds!!But i guess one thing at a time

Good call!!!, yeah i do use air dusters for all my shelves and figures.Its good for the dreads too , they will build dust very easy and from what i have read dust will wear on paint and the armor straps.You may have trouble with the moss not breaking up and flying around but i guess thats the easy to reapply.
Addiction is a good word for it, and just wait you will get a cool idea and start using epoxy or clay and them you will be up to your knees in new ideas.

I would love to build the cock pit of a predator ship for the NECA lost preds!!But i guess one thing at a time :eek:

Yeah, one thing at a time :D

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pick up some air dusters from work ....or go buy some so I can keep a clean conscience : :mad:

STYROFOME!! (insert smiley face banging head into wall that we apparently don't have anymore o_O ) why didn't i think of that!!

if you get a chance post a pic of your neca preds in there, again very nice job dude :D(w/ big thumb next to it)

wow! now, no offence to the previous pics, but that is ultra cool man :D

looks like some **** is about to go DOWN! may have to steal that pic for the desktop my dude ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back