JEDI TRAINER KIT FINISHED

uscm buzz

Ok Guys here is a jedi trainer kit I restored..for a fellow member... it had some dremel damage and was missing something to put into the laser emmitters(car rims).. I glued plastic rinestones inside the trainer behind the laser emmitters instead of just flat plastic. I thought it made it look more functional.. I did some weathering on it.. just cuz it felt more Star Warzy.. and to hide the dremel damage repair .. so I figured weathering would hide some of the flaws.. I hope it looks alright..based on colors from the visual dictionary..

proppics076_2.jpg

Originally posted by uscm buzz@Mar 12 2006, 03:32 PM
Ok Guys here is a jedi trainer kit I restored..for a fellow member... it had some dremel damage and was missing something to put into the laser emmitters(car rims).. I glued plastic rinestones inside the trainer behind the laser emmitters instead of just flat plastic. I thought it made it look more functional.. I did some weathering on it.. just cuz it felt more Star Warzy.. and to hide  the dremel damage repair  .. so I figured weathering would hide some of the flaws.. I hope it looks alright..based on colors from the visual dictionary..

proppics076_2.jpg

[snapback]1204240[/snapback]​

Cool. I need to get me a JTR one of these days.
Question?? Those grips you have on your saber, WHat are they made out of? metal? I'm asking because they look like the ones I need for my VD Yoda, only longer.

wow, beautiful work. since you say this is a kit..which one? I thought the MR one, or fan mades were the only options. any idea where any kits are to be had? and why would anyone be dremeling on it to cause damage? (sorry if those are too noob questions)

this is one of must haves...down the road.

i agree with the bright red comment above, but it looks sorta... less used than the one in the falcon. maybe one thats only a few months old compared to the year or so han had his working :)

looking pretty good.

chris

Its red cuz I figured I could use any color I wanted and I remembered them being red since I was a kid..yea the one on the falcon looks rust colored. and I assume the colors are faded also.. Originally I intended for this one to be new from the jedi temple.. but it looked cheezy and cheap looking without any character.. so it got weathered also to hide some of the flaws..

The kit was a resin kit that you had to dremel out the holes for the rims.. someone lost control of the dremel a few times and cut into areas they shouldnt.. so I had to fill them.. not an easy task on something hollow.. had to figure out how to do it..

It is a fanmade kit I believe..

Thanks for the compliments..

wahoo, Bill that looks sweet as heck. Awesome job man :D

Yes, this is my trainer. A little background, I picked it up from a fellow board member last year and just never got around to working on it. I was going to sell it when Bill offered to finish it for me. I know the kit is fan made, but I don't know who the original maker of the kit was because I bought it second hand.

I can't wait to get this in and take some more pics with 1 or 2 of my sabers - now to get a display stand for it...

Thanks again Bill :D

Dave

What am I invisible?

I AM the original maker of the kit.

WHats your question?
and yes its RUST COLOR and not red.

Poly S made the colors. If you CLick on the link above it will tell you how to paint it. Or even BUILD it from Scratch.

here is a shot of the original from my page.

real1.jpg

and one of my painted ones.

myseek.jpg

DISCLAIMER, anyone who knows me knows how I much I feel about this NOW RESOLVED ISSUE. So, dont go there. Im posting the following info just to help anyone who is so inclined to use the info.

By the way, if you ever are motivated enough to accurize your remote,
this is what ya need to do:

ubolt.jpg

Frank Cerney

Originally posted by BrundelFly@Mar 13 2006, 12:22 PM
What am I invisible?

I AM the original maker of the kit.

Frank Cerney
[snapback]1204772[/snapback]​

Frank - I think you missinterpretted my post as I did yours, sorry about that.

I didn't know for sure it was one of your kits, and your post, at least the way I read it, didn't claim ownership to being the kit maker. I appreciate it more knowing that it was one of your kits, thank you for the info. Being I have no proof of who the maker is, I didn't want to say it was yours or a knock off untill I knew for sure, know what I mean?

Again, appologies :)

Dave

No apology needed but thanks.

I was just trying to help.

If the kit has ALOT of AIRBUBBLES...its a knock off. Possibly one of the reject casting that were sold, but even those had few air bubbles.

Frank

I love this post. TONS of great information. I just picked up a JTR not too long ago, and it's really a cool prop. I didn't realize that there were fan made ones out there too.

Frank,
Very cool site. I would like to try to make my own some day. I think I should try to make a saber first, but the JTR would complete the training.

yea this kit was virtually flawless for a resin kit.. very clean and very few airbubbles.. I mean it had like 3 i filled.. and thats it.. Thanks again..

Sorry I didn't get a chance till now to post a follow up on this, I have been busy with real world stuff. I received the trainer and couldn't be happier. Awesome job my friend.

TrainingRemoteBorder.jpg

All The Pics

Huge public thank you to uscm buzz for doing an awesome job for me. Thank you my friend, I love it.

Dave

I've got (from here) one of FC's JTR '2nds' and it is pretty neat. I might actually get round to installing me truck rims and painting it one day. :)

SAS

I went and looked at the picks on your websight .. real cool.. glad you like it.. would have been great for my fan film.. but alas.. didnt have any real use for it.. unless it was like on a shelf or something.. in a scene.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back