Jedi Robes Pattern

SkeeterB

Can anyone point out to me a good pattern to use for jedi robes? I've looked at a few instructables but they are not very detailed in the shapes of the pieces of cloth that are to be use for the outer robe. I also need a pattern for the inner tunic. I am also planning to build a lightsaber hilt prop based on the designs from the site bigyellowbox.tripod.com.

yah, any of those patterns you can find at walmart or any fabric store will work. just find halloween patterns and you should be golden.

I can think of two that Simplicity made
5840.jpg

simplicity_2.jpg

Finding patterns are easy but finding the right fabric is tougher. If it's not wool (which is rather pricey); it's gotta be custom made.

The material is not that difficult to find. Onasberg is what the Qui-Gon jacket was made out of. Linnen is what most of the undershirts were made out of. For most of the other characters, look for Raw Silk. The cheapest place to find it is Dharma Trading company. It's actually lower cost than most cottons right now.

As for those patterns, the top is still around, but Simplicity has stopped production of the lower pattern. The top pattern is perfect for the costume, but you will need to do a little modification. You need to include a waist seam.

For fabric, just go to Jo-Ann's.

Make sure to join their mailing list, email list, and get the smart phone app. The coupons add up FAST

My local Jo-Anns has the perfect brown wool for a Jedi robe, but at $30 a yard, I can't justify it. Even with a coupon!

In Texas, you don't want to go wool anyway... You'd crisp. Look for Monk's Cloth. It hangs better, flows better, and most importantly, breathes better.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back