Jedi Comlink found parts

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, since there are no threads (recent threads) I wanted to share the extent of my search.

I am convinced the Ep. 1 Jedi Comlink is covered in aircraft parts.

the metal plate on back shares many similarities with aircraft shims and plates.

The solder lugs I'm not so sure of. Check these out. Aircraft plates / spacers / washers
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.23.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.24.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.29.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.26.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.12.31 AM.png

and the round thing on the back IS a key tab lock washer. From something with wheels, a motorcycle, airplane, etc.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 5.32.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.09.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.09.36 AM.png

Just no luck on the correct pattern.

Any luck on those 3 sided acorn nuts?

Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 7.35.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 7.36.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 7.36.18 PM.png
comlink1.jpg
comlink2.jpg
JediComlink.jpeg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.29.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 4.29.50 PM.png
    397.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Matrix Pins.jpg
    Matrix Pins.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
not to sure but check out some racing kart odd and end parts we used to race and seems like I've seen some of these before

As this is the most recent thread I could find, I thought I’d add to it, I’ve been researching the found parts, it may be a bit redundant now with 3d printing, but I don’t own one and still like making props from found objects, so I thought I’d resurrect it for my own ends

I found some anchor nut lugs in with a bunch of tools I inherited from my uncle who was an engineer for Rolls Royce.

2BD6F706-B46C-4A45-B756-555FF6A5903E.jpeg

i know they are not the same ones, but I would not be surprised if the actual ones were of that make, as a rolls key tab washer is also very similar.

I’ve been racking my brain are the array parts, they look so familiar.

0C962DE0-AF13-4EC0-B2C1-9DBA69E866B8.jpeg

the closet thing I could find was a bellcrank steering arm, I’m sure there ones must be from a model kit but I’ve not been able to find the right one
82AAECBF-B27B-4254-8B32-F667D5F5DC74.png

B11B2EF3-AD61-4BE7-8272-5CAA7822EED0.jpeg

I've gotten closer with some washers, but still no cigar.

from the Prototype version, tab is wrong
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 2.41.10 PM.png
Tab washer on the back,
too long 6 O'Clock Tab
rectangle instead of the double point at 10 O'Clock
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 2.41.15 PM.png

this is from outboard motors

Think I may have found the correct tri screws, they are for prison/council bulkhead lights made by coughtrie (who also make the SW10 light that was used in the Falcon interior). Unfortunately they don’t seem to sell them separately, or possibly not to the public, which would make them rather expensive. I’ve emailed the company to see if they still make them and will sell me a couple, if they will I will update with measurements.

2964DA7A-38F0-451E-A7A8-8BDCCA949E32.jpeg

Think I may have found the correct tri screws, they are for prison/council bulkhead lights made by coughtrie (who also make the SW10 light that was used in the Falcon interior). Unfortunately they don’t seem to sell them separately, or possibly not to the public, which would make them rather expensive. I’ve emailed the company to see if they still make them and will sell me a couple, if they will I will update with measurements.

View attachment 1491003
Was this the site you found them on? Looks like they'll ship to the UK but not the us... Anyone here from the UK and wanna try ordering some?
Coughtrie 3 Prong Stair Lighting Replacement Screw x 1

Was this the site you found them on? Looks like they'll ship to the UK but not the us... Anyone here from the UK and wanna try ordering some?
Coughtrie 3 Prong Stair Lighting Replacement Screw x 1
Yep, but I wasn’t sure if they were the screws or the screw driver as the description is messed up, it says orange screwdriver in the text, so I messaged them and also coughtrie themselves, as I’m also looking for the SW10 body ( 2 birds with one stone)

luckily I’m in the UK, if you want a pair dm me I’ll pick up an extra set and we can split the cost. Just waiting to hear back from them that they are in fact the screws.

Last edited:
I've gotten closer with some washers, but still no cigar.

from the Prototype version, tab is wrong
View attachment 1477435
Tab washer on the back,
too long 6 O'Clock Tab
rectangle instead of the double point at 10 O'Clock
View attachment 1477436

this is from outboard motors
Here's another tab washer that would require some trimming of the extra legs, but maybe a little closer? Lock washer Carbon Steel Tab Washers fit to Round Nut Φ10/12/20/27/30/36/40 - 60 | eBay

Coughtrie sent me some screws along with a damaged/scrap SW10 housing, but they were the standard flat head screws, so I’ll have to try ordering from the toolbox.

I did find this washer, not sure on size/scale, looks like it will work by bending the leg at 10 o’clock and cutting in a point

67376DF1-AF61-42BC-9C7E-EACFEC88C76C.png

View attachment 1491003
If they're the right size - I'm in for a set of three.

If they're the right size - I'm in for a set of three.
After I emailed them they have updated the description on the site, it now says 5mm 1 x 3 prong screw.

I’ve not bought any screws yet, but I did acquire a coughtrie light housing, that came with normal screws - just measured those and they have an 8mm head - so I’d assume the 3 prong ones are the same.

I did pick up D shaped aircraft washers and tossed them in a drawer, I'll have to find them. I didn't post because the holes were larger than the original prop's :(

redbutton and I have a couple razors now so we can physically measure and maybe estimate size of these parts in milimeters

This is great do you have a link? You can private message me to avoid scalpers if you'd like :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back