JcM528491's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Wolverine

JcM528491

Hey, I'm not necessarily new here, but this is my first thread that I have made, and also this is my first time making a costume, so please, bear with me. I will answer any questions that you have about my skill level, my costume, if I'm available for dates with you cosplay ladies out there (yeah, I'm that good lookin' :cool) I'm kidding, I kid. :lol :facepalm Anywho, my costume is sort of an amalgamation of comic Wolverine and movie Wolvie, and I'm going to a Renaissance Fair at my college (it's more of a "Halloween/Fall festival with a Renaissance theme"...Technicalities....:rolleyes :wacko) Some of the things I bought, others I previously owned in my long life span of 18 years. :D So, I bought claws from Party Galaxy for around $15 over the weekend ----> picture008.jpgpicture025.jpgpicture024.jpgpicture022.jpgpicture016.jpgpicture011.jpgpicture010.jpgpicture009.jpg (I'm working on mutton chops, but I'm known in my college classes for my scraggly goatee thing) and I have a brown leather jacket picture026.jpgpicture029.jpg (sorry for the sorry pics, I'm using my laptop webcam in bad lighting) anyways, I will be ordering a mask online for around $16.28-$19.98 $(KGrHqJ,!lwF!emOQJBEBRcIC94H4Q~~60_3.JPGNow back to the claws, there are some imperfections on them: picture018.jpgpicture019.jpg and a seam picture017.jpg and the hands come down a bit low under the claws picture020.jpg so, to take care of the hands, I'm going to sand them down closer to the claws, then sand ridges to fit my fingers better between the claws, and I'm going to get a pair of fingerless gloves and cut slits to fit the claws in the gloves and just slide 'em on. Then either sand down the claws and paint them, or just paint them. I'm thinking Chrome, or just metallic silver? What do you think? My apologies for taking up so much time, thanks for your time, and I will see you in the future! :D :cool

Last edited:
Wow, 203 views already?! Thanks, I know that's probably not much compared to others, but that you guys so much for having interest enough to view :) please feel free to comment and leave your thoughts, concerns, opinions, criticisms, advice, etc. Please remember to vote :) A vote for me would be great :D Thanks :) Oh, also, ordered my mask today!! Gonna see if it needs any modifications when it gets here, I hope so, really want to get into this modding and making :) Maybe I'll make a page on Facebook when it's all said and done :)

By the way, I just saw this while looking for pics of the mask so I could different perspectives, and I just now saw this: photo.jpg
(Let it be noted I had a plan to do this a few months ago before I saw the picture, even though I'm sure that this picture was done a while back.)It is what I'm going for, but I believe I'm going to wear either a different Wolverine costume shirt, or a button-up flannel shirt or a solid colored shirt or other simple graphic t-shirt. I will also have my jacket zipped up to just about under my chest. If you are the person(s) in this picture, I saw it on google images and if you don't want me to use the picture, please tell me and I'll take it down. I just wanted to state that I am NOT copying anyone's plan/costume/idea. It was an idea I thought of myself and tonight I just so happened to stumble upon this. I hope this does not disqualify me, I was just trying to do the right thing and tell you I'm not stealing. Thank you

Thanks Michael :D and I have a change of plans, I won't use the gloves, but I will put gauze on my hands, over the plastic 'hand' things, but i will still fix the few imperfections, and probably spray them with a little fake blood as well. Also, if I can get my hands on some white hair spray paint stuff and do a Days Of Future Past costume, and an Old Man Logan cosplay as well, but those aren't part of the contest, just future projects. One more thing. THANK YOU guys for 317 views! It's an awesome feeling :) When I get this or the others done if any of you see me and wanna take a few pics together then just ask :) (Especially you cosplay ladies :p :D )
Now, the last thing, the mask should be in either tomorrow or the next day :D

ok, Michael, I have a few pics of the mask before and after, and today is the Renaissance Fair, so I shall upload them all after I get home :D

Thanks, I'm posting this afternoon, I took one or two, but also wanted to post a few form the Halloween Carnival I went to after the Renaissance Fair, and the photographer just posted them to her Facebook this afternoon :D Thanks :D

1425530_246090812208050_867447236_n.jpg1381263_246092038874594_46437083_n.jpg1441216_246091392207992_1744301201_n.jpg
A couple of my friends and I goofing off Halloween night :) (and yes, they gave me permission to use these photos)
And finally, me and my verification photo
picture042.jpg

This was fun :) and I have multiple costume ideas for next year: Thor, CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow, an Assassin from the Assassin's Creed games, or Batman ( I don't know which incarnation though) I'm leaning more towards Thor or Bats. Leave a comment on which out of all of those ideas I should do, I will be starting whenever I figure out which it will be and keep every one updated on which I should do. Thanks :)

View attachment 251514View attachment 251515View attachment 251516
A couple of my friends and I goofing off Halloween night :) (and yes, they gave me permission to use these photos)
And finally, me and my verification photo
View attachment 251517

This was fun :) and I have multiple costume ideas for next year: Thor, CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow, an Assassin from the Assassin's Creed games, or Batman ( I don't know which incarnation though) I'm leaning more towards Thor or Bats. Leave a comment on which out of all of those ideas I should do, I will be starting whenever I figure out which it will be and keep every one updated on which I should do. Thanks :)

Awesome, and sorry I posted that last reply twice, it looked like it hadn't posted, so I posted it again, then the original showed -_- lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back