JazzInc. Collectibles - vehicles, dioramas. What do we think of their products?

Alan Cross

Sr Member
I can’t decide what I think of their work. I really want to order one of their large vehicles - the Keaton Batwing — which is intended to be used with the 1/6 scale Hot Toy figures that already exists. So it’s massive and a big dollar investment. Here’s a link to their site. (Mods - I don’t know if links are allowed. My apologies if they are not)

Reviews I’ve seen of their products sometimes show broken or warped parts. For example, they make a Falcon Cockpit diorama that one YouTube review noted had lapses in quality control in terms of paint apps and surface detail. Another YouTube video was posted by a guy who received one of their Justice League Batmobiles. He loves it, but notes it arrived with a broken axle and a couple of other warped parts. Cracks in the product base. Still, he reports the company fixed these issues. So I’m trying to feel more confident about this company before I commit to buying the Batwing. Who’s bought and received their products? Were you happy with the quality of the item you bought? Tell me your stories. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I can speak only about the Hot Toys ANH Vader custom JazzInc modded for me in 2016, just before they started making the dioramas on large scale for sale. The experience was great and the finished product is way above the stock figure. Communication was excellent, with information at every step they made. The work on the figure was extensive and the finishing quality was very high. I was very happy with the figure I got (the belt buckle was painted silver for the finished figure).

Hot Toys Darth Vader ANH 03.jpg

Hot Toys Darth Vader ANH 06.jpg

Okay I am in the middle of this now.

Being a Falcon freak I had to have the massive, much bigger than it looks, amazing Falcon 1/6 scale Cockpit.

I was aware of problems before I ordered it but had to have it.

It arrived. It's awesome, but the lights don't work. I am waiting to here back from them. Based on what I have seen and read they will fix it, they just better not charge me for shipping if it has to be returned.

Is it worth the money. Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is actually a gift at the price.

Having built and sold props for a living briefly, I can tell you the price is great, the product is awesome, and I am very happy I bought it.

Having said that there are some issues.

These guys can not do weathering. The pilot chairs are awesome, actual fabric, but weathering was way over done. My Nav chairs cushions are mostly black. The circular cushions on the ring in the back are also almost black. Easy fix but kind of annoying.

The cockpit is amazing.

The outside is a bit annoying. Again I knew about these problems before I ordered it. Battleship grey color instead of the various whites that should have been used. Very little detail and what there is is molded on. For this piece the piping should be real piping added on after. A job for my belt sander.

I am going to do what this Rebelscum member did but also as mentioned, sand off the molded pipes, and add real pipes, all the extra detail, etc. The sheer size really shows off the lack of detail.

His work below and the finished mods are amazing.

So IMO it is totally worth it. I never could have built this myself, but the problems should have not been, but will be an easy fix.

I can speak only about the Hot Toys ANH Vader custom JazzInc modded for me in 2016, just before they started making the dioramas on large scale for sale. The experience was great and the finished product is way above the stock figure. Communication was excellent, with information at every step they made. The work on the figure was extensive and the finishing quality was very high. I was very happy with the figure I got (the belt buckle was painted silver for the finished figure).

View attachment 1490145

View attachment 1490146
Thanks for sharing your experience. The Vader looks awesome, btw! I’m glad you didn’t have any issues with them. They are apparently expanding the kind of products they make and I guess it’s only natural to assume there will be growing pains along the way. I just don’t want to be the buyer of one of their “learning experiences.”

Okay I am in the middle of this now.

Being a Falcon freak I had to have the massive, much bigger than it looks, amazing Falcon 1/6 scale Cockpit.

I was aware of problems before I ordered it but had to have it.

It arrived. It's awesome, but the lights don't work. I am waiting to here back from them. Based on what I have seen and read they will fix it, they just better not charge me for shipping if it has to be returned.

Is it worth the money. Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is actually a gift at the price.

Having built and sold props for a living briefly, I can tell you the price is great, the product is awesome, and I am very happy I bought it.

Having said that there are some issues.

These guys can not do weathering. The pilot chairs are awesome, actual fabric, but weathering was way over done. My Nav chairs cushions are mostly black. The circular cushions on the ring in the back are also almost black. Easy fix but kind of annoying.

The cockpit is amazing.

The outside is a bit annoying. Again I knew about these problems before I ordered it. Battleship grey color instead of the various whites that should have been used. Very little detail and what there is is molded on. For this piece the piping should be real piping added on after. A job for my belt sander.

I am going to do what this Rebelscum member did but also as mentioned, sand off the molded pipes, and add real pipes, all the extra detail, etc. The sheer size really shows off the lack of detail.

His work below and the finished mods are amazing.

So IMO it is totally worth it. I never could have built this myself, but the problems should have not been, but will be an easy fix.
Thanks, James! Your experience seems almost identical to other anecdotal reviews I’ve seen posted online and on YouTube. People basically really like the product but they point out several parts of their diorama or vehicle arrived damaged and/or inadequately painted. In your case, weathered. This is exactly why I wanted to reach out to the RPF community and see if there was a consensus. I really want to buy this batwing but, my God, it’s expensive. And I didn’t wanna wind up with expensive item that had an amateurish paint job or broken or missing parts. I hope other people chime in. I really want to like this company because they’re making some, in theory, really great things.

And I didn’t wanna wind up with expensive item that had an amateurish paint job or broken or missing parts. I hope other people chime in. I really want to like this company because they’re making some, in theory, really great things.

My only experience is the same as yours, I was heavily weighing buying the Falcon cockpit, but after seeing a handful of reviews, it really seems it is as you feared, just a large item with an amateurish paint job. As I understand it, these items are produced in a facility just like any other polystone statue, from the lower end, like Sideshow Collectibles, not Prime 1. So, it's 'factory-finished' by people who, aren't as passionate about the product as the people who designed it.

I was really turned off by the lack of detail in the cockpit, the buttons and greeblies, just seemed too chunky, they weren't molded properly. I'd imagine the original CAD model didn't have a lot of fine detail. The paintwork was globby. For $1,400 ... no matter the size, sloppy paint work is inexcusable. The reviewers who noted the lack of detail or lack of accuracy in the paintwork all seemed like hobbyists who enjoyed modeling and painting anyways, so they would have otherwise enjoyed painting or customizing the product. That's not me, I'm a 'take it out of the box, put it on the shelf' type of person.

My only experience is the same as yours, I was heavily weighing buying the Falcon cockpit, but after seeing a handful of reviews, it really seems it is as you feared, just a large item with an amateurish paint job. As I understand it, these items are produced in a facility just like any other polystone statue, from the lower end, like Sideshow Collectibles, not Prime 1. So, it's 'factory-finished' by people who, aren't as passionate about the product as the people who designed it.

I was really turned off by the lack of detail in the cockpit, the buttons and greeblies, just seemed too chunky, they weren't molded properly. I'd imagine the original CAD model didn't have a lot of fine detail. The paintwork was globby. For $1,400 ... no matter the size, sloppy paint work is inexcusable. The reviewers who noted the lack of detail or lack of accuracy in the paintwork all seemed like hobbyists who enjoyed modeling and painting anyways, so they would have otherwise enjoyed painting or customizing the product. That's not me, I'm a 'take it out of the box, put it on the shelf' type of person.

Very well said. If you are like me and don't mind or like modifying stuff it is awesome, though a bit frustrating as I agree it should be better for the price even though I am still thrilled with it. Especially since these are simple fixes.

Look at the video reviews on YouTube. There are tons from lovers and those disappointed, and then decide.

Okay four days in and still know word from them on my lights not working. Sent another email yesterday. They told me Monday they were working on it but nothing sent since.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I’m like you, I’d preferably like to take the product out of the box, put it up on the shelf and I’m done. But there are definitely guys that buy a high-priced item, don’t like the factory paint job, and simply repaint it to their satisfaction. I don’t think I’ve ever done that. Anyway, thanks for reinforcing what I’ve seen. I’m hoping Jazzinc evolves and ups their game in terms of quality control and paint. Has anyone seen them ‘getting better?”

Very well said. If you are like me and don't mind or like modifying stuff it is awesome, though a bit frustrating as I agree it should be better for the price even though I am still thrilled with it. Especially since these are simple fixes.

Look at the video reviews on YouTube. There are tons from lovers and those disappointed, and then decide.

Okay four days in and still know word from them on my lights not working. Sent another email yesterday. They told me Monday they were working on it but nothing sent since.

Fingers crossed.
Thanks for posting. Let us know when you hear from them and if they fix the issue to your satisfaction. And thanks for the tip, checking out more YouTube videos. I’ll definitely do that.

Okay these guys are stand up. They sent a replacement and it arrived before I even mailed back the defective one.

So it took about two weeks as these are crazy times, and they wanted me to try a few things to see if they could fix it. No problem, we tried them all but had no luck so they shipped the new one and it arrived very fast.

Unfortunately that is about the time I got Covid and a real bad case at that so I have been down for a month. As a result both have been sitting here boxed for several weeks.

Well I am finally getting the original returned and had the energy to open the new one and it works perfectly.

These guys were awesome and you really could not ask for better service.

They also said not to worry about getting the original one back until I was good and healthy.

Okay these guys are stand up. They sent a replacement and it arrived before I even mailed back the defective one.

So it took about two weeks as these are crazy times, and they wanted me to try a few things to see if they could fix it. No problem, we tried them all but had no luck so they shipped the new one and it arrived very fast.

Unfortunately that is about the time I got Covid and a real bad case at that so I have been down for a month. As a result both have been sitting here boxed for several weeks.

Well I am finally getting the original returned and had the energy to open the new one and it works perfectly.

These guys were awesome and you really could not ask for better service.

They also said not to worry about getting the original one back until I was good and healthy.
Thanks for following up. (Sorry I took so long to check in and finally read your reply.) This speaks volumes. If their quality control and attention to detail matched their customer service I’d be super happy. Well… we’ll see. Thanks again, Jamesfett.

Wanna add my two cents to this thread! I know I'm late but I only just got around to ordering the Millennium Falcon cockpit and....I FREAKING LOVE IT!

Yes it's not the most accurate replica but the presence just sings pure joy! Plus all lit up it just looks totally awesome!

I just started painting and adding more details, but out of the box the thing is pretty impressive.

For the monies this thing really is a bargain...yes an expensive bargain at 1500 bucks (thats with shipping to NY)...but if JAZZ had the actual license this thing would easily be twice or three times the price!

Plus JOOST and his staff provide fantastic customer service which is attentive and extremely responsive!

When they make the X wing cockpit I am most definitely getting that!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpeg
    IMG_1994.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1992.jpeg
    IMG_1992.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1998.jpeg
    IMG_1998.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Just got this email in case anyone was thinking of ordering the '89 Batmobile...

Preorder the 1989 Batmobile Before Mid November!​

The 1989 Batmobile prototype is almost here! We expect to be able to show you this beauty at the beginning of November. After we release the prototype you'll only have a few more days to preorder before preorders close. So hurry! Be sure to preorder your 1989 Batmobile before mid November.

What makes this 1/6 scale 1989 Batmobile so cool? Not only has it been called the most movie-accurate scale model of the 1989 Batmobile in any scale, it also has all these amazing features:
  • Opening cockpit
  • Detailed cockpit interior
  • Rubber tires
  • Rotating Tires
  • Poseable steering wheels
  • Light-up features in the cockpit
  • Functioning headlights
  • Movie accurate sound effects
  • Weapon accessories (grappling hook, two Browning machine guns, bat-discs)
  • Leather seats with silicone coating for long life
  • Some die-cast parts
  • Custom Pearl Black Satin automotive paint
  • Remote controlled smoke, lights, and sound effects
  • Carpeting on floor
  • Brake, clutch and throttle pedals
Don't wait too long to preorder! Preorders are closing in the second half of November!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back