Jayne's Revolver Buildup

Finally found a paint scheme that I like.

paint010vr.jpg

paint065kn.jpg

paint070xy.jpg

paint099vg.jpg

paint038ui.jpg

paint056bf.jpg

This was actually a "factory second" with a bit of a pimply grip. But rather than let it go to waste, I did a little cleanup and sanding and then started paintin'.

Painted with Krylon Primer Gray, then sprayed with Model Master Gunmetal buffing metalizer. Buffed that with a soft cloth, then hit the whole thing with Treasure Gold #3070 Pewter (similar to rub n buff) using my fingers and buffed again. Came back in on the highlights and bright silver areas with Treasure Gold #3080 Silver and buffed once more. Finally I brush painted the grips with Plaid Outdoor Opaque #1640 Licorice watered down just a tiny bit so it would flow easier into the checker pattern.

I think it has a "real" metal feel to it now.

Hope you like it.

BTW, the papers underneath are the ones by Whitefall. They are so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking a set up.

Why black grips? Did some of the props freature black grips? The shots I've seen show grips as brown. Or was this just a stylistic choice?

<div class='quotetop'>(DrMcoy @ Jul 8 2006, 08:28 AM) [snapback]1276662[/snapback]</div>
Why black grips? Did some of the props freature black grips? The shots I've seen show grips as brown. Or was this just a stylistic choice?
[/b]

Just because my Denix came with black grips, and I didn't have a suitable brown last night when I was finishing up. I'll change them when I get the right color. I primarily wanted to show the metal finish.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back