JaycVenlo's Deadpool Movie build, methods and files

JayCVenlo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Heej Guys,

There are many deadpool build, but this one is mine.
I have no idea to where this journey goes to...
As you might seen in my previous thread, i only did iron man builds so far. So i have no experience in Fabric. But we'll see! :)

Since there arent that many files/blueprints for deadpool i will freehand most of it and try to share my templates and building methods as much as i can.

Step 1. Fabric Search. Maybe one of the most difficult ones to fine, simulate.
This is the one i found that came closes to what i believe would work.

Stretch Pique. Sold out at the moment, so the search continues!
IMG_7373.JPGIMG_7374.JPGIMG_7376.JPG

Step 2. Handplates.
-First thing i did was taping my hand palm to get the form of my hand.
-Then mark the outlines of where the base should come.
-Remove the tape from hand and cut the form out and make it flat.
-I scanned it and redraw it in adobe illustrator to make it perfect.
-Then i freehanded all the details on the glove.
-The baseplate was made out of 2mm foam. The rest out of 1mm sintra.
-Form, glue mold etc. Finish it of with 5 layers of plastidip.

Result + template (1:1 scale to A4 paper, also available as vetor file .ai or .pdf) :
hand01.JPGhand02.JPGdeadpool glove plates.jpg

more to come!

Last edited:
3. Belt Buckle

- first i made freehand template in Illustrator using HD movie images. Scaled them to the size i liked and think was best.
- Made the single parts out of sintra. Base plate 4mm Black Sintra. Red ring 4mm. Small parts layered in 1mm white sintra.
- Next step sanding and spray paint.
- Next adding real leathe belt straps, for the original look.

Belt Buckle Deadpool.jpg

File:
Deadpool_Belt Buckle_Blueprint.jpg

more to come on the belt.

4. Bracelet/Cufflinks

The pieces where fairly easy.
- Made a template in illustrator.
- The base is 5mm Foam. The details are 2mm foam.
- The little metal bar is a piece a wood and the small silver snap is sintra.
- in both of the ends i put 2 magnets of the bracelet it snaps close!
- Finish it of with plastidip and silver paint the details.

Cufflink deadpool.JPGhand01.JPG

File:
Deadpool_Bracelets_Blueprint.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! I saw your posts in the other Deadpool thread. Great to see you diving into your own build thread. The foam work is nice and clean. The plastidip really hides the fact it is foam really well. I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff! :p

Some progress made this week.
The Katanas including scabbard are finished!
-Scabbard made out of Sintra.
-Handle made out of wood, covered with 2mm foam where the lines are cut out. Covered with plastidip.
-Blade made of cheap halloween ninja sword. Reinforced with 3mm screwthread. Bend into half round shape. Resprayed with chrome paint.

What do zou guys think:

Katana 05.JPGKatana 04.JPGKatana 03.JPGKatana 02.JPGKatana 06.JPG

I like them a lot. Really clean and really simple.

Tnx, yeah your right. Pretty easy to make. Appart from the scabbard wich wasnt so easy with all those crossing layers.
But all in all a fun job to make.
And i tried to make them as accurate as the movie ones but still respecting the 'official' Katana dimensions in proportions to my bodylenght.

You guys have any suggestions of how to add this thing to the suit. How it is attached?

For my son's, I attached it to the shoulder strap in the back. It didn't hold it super tight and had some wobble, but for just walking around, it worked well. No flips or jumping off bridges for him.

I'm fairly certain the actual suit had clips and fabric actually sewn into the back of the suit that secured it. Some of the shots look like there are separate red straps that go perpendicular to the shoulder strap and run right shoulder to left low back. I think I'd need to look at some behind the scenes shots again to confirm.

The definitly faked it till the make it. The is no reference point of where it is attached to. The shoulder strap is also fake. Its attached to the suit itself.
Here are some pics in a row for the backside.

deadpool back.jpg

In the third picture you can see straps running from the back under the arm to the front. They are pretty much allined with the scabbard. I think in the original design they might be attached to those as well.
But what i think they did.. screwed the scabbard on from the inside out of the suit. You can see multiple holes in the suit.

UPDATE:
I just found this.
Schermafbeelding 2016-11-21 om 21.37.11.png

I think i will use velcro or maybe some snapfasteners. it needs to be strong so they dont fall off wenn people bump into you.

haha. awesome. reminds me of mounting clocks and things on walls with screws?

Maybe you can have a couple screw heads or hooks that stick out like the movie suit, then put some notches on the back of the scabbard the hooks could grab onto and the stretch of the fabric could keep enough tension that it stays in place?

regardless, that's a good find on those pictures and sounds like you're on the right track. :)

look like little kitchdrawer knobs... or something like that. definitly doable!

But you're right. Same method as clocks mount. Bulb form shape with a big opening to slide the screw in and when pulled down it will slide in a smaller opening.

like this.
15bracket.jpeg

some progress made.
Received my Desert Eagle replicas. So first step.. make the Holster.
This is how i did it:
1. made a raw sketch of the front form, based on movie reference pictures.
2. Vacuumformed the top plate using CollinE83's home method. (Heatgun plus vacuumcleaner.) Material 2mm Sintra.
3. Trace the raw sketch onto the vacuumformed plate. And cut it out. (see the white plate in the picture)
4.Make a paper sketch of the back plate based on the formed plate.
5. Cut it out, heat bend it to shape. (also added some 2 mm foam on the inside for padding)
6. Wrap the outer plate with Carbon film from 3m.
7. Glue the 2 pieces together.
8.. to be continued, i will be adding screws and holes for realistic mounting look.

Result:
deadpool gun holster 01.JPGdeadpool gun holster 02.JPG

As promised.
Here are the chestknifes.
1. I first drawn the shape of the pieces in illustrator tracing it from movie images
2. print out and cut the 3 different pieces. 1. knife onto 1 mm sintra. 2. the base onto 2mm Eva foam 3. the higher edge onto 1mm sintra
3. glue the knife and the edge onto the foam.
4. glue and wrap the fake stretch leather on and around it
5. Cut a piece out that makes the back of the knife visable, and paint that part silver
And your DONE. that easy,

Here are some pics, and the file.
deadpool chestknife 01.JPGdeadpool chestknife 02.JPGdeadpool chestknife 03.JPGchestknifes.jpg

painted the first gun and finished the holster by adding holes, studs an screws.
I painted the gun using a silver pen for writing cristmas card. applyed it with a strip of foam as a brush. Dries really fast...
Result:
gun and holster finished.jpeg

I probably make the tip orange for cosplay.

Waiting for my drop leg panels to arrive to complete this gunbelt.. exciting!!!

Coming along well, surprised you made your own holsters when the screen used ones are for sale, but they look great.

Tnx. But i did that for multiple reasons:
1. these have cost me 3 euros in total. only had to pay for the hole-ringes. the rest of the materials where free or i had them. (and this costume will be expensive enough)
2. those screen used dont necessarily will fit my replica guns. i figured, first find some nice replica guns, and the make some perfect fit holsters.
3. its just fun to do! :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back