jay & silent bob grapple gun. help?

Grave

hey guys. normally i dont come to the prop side of the rpf, but my buddy could use a grapple gun for his silent bob costume. so im trying to find which one they use in the J&S strike back movie. i think it may be batman, but i dont follow DC to know anything about it.

Little help?
i can see that it has an old sherridan pump pb pistol in it. which i have!, but what the rest? is it from batman or something?

link to photo
grapple gun

Re: jay & sient bob grapple gun. help?

The first second I saw your picture I could tell you that the "button" on the side is from a boardgame called "crossbows and catapults"
I have the original game parts somewhere.
pic237724_md.jpg

6660.jpg

awesome, ill see if i can find those.
but i still need to find that shell, or a 3d file for it.

Hi I'm new here, but I believe the gun is based of a heavily modified Benjamin Sheridan PGP paintball gun. Since they use 12 gram co2 cartridges, you cold actually mod it to fire an actual 'simulated' grappleing hook.

Just do a google image search for PGP Paintball. You will see a ton of examples.

i have the sheridan already. just need to make the outer shell.

The dude that made the original for Mallrats is a member here, and posted once about his experience on the film... Keep going back through the Search entries, you'll likely find it :)

grave did you ever have any luck with this, i have found a few Sheridan PGP now just trying to seal the deal on one lol, found out you can strip the barrels and polish them so they match the one in the picture you posted but other then that i cannot find anything.

grave did you ever have any luck with this, i have found a few Sheridan PGP now just trying to seal the deal on one lol, found out you can strip the barrels and polish them so they match the one in the picture you posted but other then that i cannot find anything.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back