Jaws production used blood?

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

So im looking to get a little Jaws collection going. Ive always loved the film and its third in my favorites list with only Star Wars and TDK edging ahead. Whilst looking on Ebay i noticed a guy selling production used blood from the Quint 'Dinner' scene ( when bruce is chomping on him ) and it looks to be a neat little display piece. I cannot make out the name of the special effects guy on the COA on the auction to enable me to check it.

Failing that, has anyone else purchased any of these little Jaws blood props?

Thanks

Lee

I'd be a bit wary of this. I checked out ebay, and I think I found what you're talking about. It seems fishy.

One, why would someone keep leftover blood from Jaws for any length of time? Prop blood is a consumable, and cheap. No reason to save it, that I can think of. Corn syrup is sticky and a pain to clean once it's dried... and this bottle looks pretty fresh. After 40+ years, I'd expect some oxidization, or some such. The bottle of blood show on ebay sure looks like a modern plastic corn syrup bottle. An original corn syrup bottle from 1975 would most likely be glass, with a metal lid, though some would have plastic caps. I'd guarantee the bottle shown has modern recycling symbols on the bottom, as well. All signs point to it being far newer then 1975, so far.

Printing the vintage behind the scenes photos on vintage paper is a nice attempt at making it all look authentic, but it makes my Spidey sense tingle. The combination of vintage photos, modern scanning, modern computer font, and what looks like printing on vintage paper makes the whole thing very odd.

All that being said, the "affidavit" is signed by a "Thomas Roach". I can't find anyone who worked on Jaws by that name, or anything even close. So that's enough warning signs to make me question the authenticity.

In short, I think it doesn't hold water, and the blood from Jaws is likely not from the movie. Hard pass from me.

Hope that helps!

My knee-jerk reaction would be that it's not real. Way too many inconsistencies.

45-year-old fake blood? I would think it would have dried out ages ago. That bottle looks quite fresh.

Thomas Roach/Herealry? I'm not seeing anyone by that name in the cast & crew credits.

It seems to be a good money maker, though. Even though the photo shows 1 out of 25, he's sold 64 of them between now and August 2020. :rolleyes:

1605633843186.png
1605633870745.png
1605633903324.png

Force, I think that he's trying to write " I Thomas Roach Hereaby claim", which he spelled wrong. Not a big issue on it's own, but combined with him selling 64 of the 25, yeah, that's a real deal killer!

Force, I think that he's trying to write " I Thomas Roach Hereaby claim", which he spelled wrong. Not a big issue on it's own, but combined with him selling 64 of the 25, yeah, that's a real deal killer!
If you read it, He says he has 125 total
"You will receive number 119 of 125"

If you read it, He says he has 125 total
"You will receive number 119 of 125"
I read it. Anyone can type out anything they want.

Did you see the photo?

I'm guessing at some point the seller changed their plan once a bunch of people started buying them.

It's a bottomless pit of 45-year-old movie blood. :rolleyes:

Agree with the above. Looks suspicious!
The bottle is no big concern to me (it could have been changed for a more recent one). What concerns me is what is inside the bottle.
4 decades and looks so "fresh"! Besides why waiting all thsese years to sell it now?

Hate to sound flakey, but blood props are kind of gross, lol. Now the tooth is pretty cool and I would have that in a display for sure. But in the movie, the quote is, I pulled a tooth the size of a shot glass from the hull. That tooth appears to be pretty small.

Maybe this was legit but the story is pretty suspect. I can believe that maybe some hoarder of a prop master put a carboard box full of bottles and gaffers tape up in the garage only to pull it down later. It would have been very dried out but if it was topped of with some water... Maybe...

For 14 bucks it might make a neat conversation piece but I wouldn't take this very seriously. To many questions and to easy to fake.

Hmmmm...have the Seller perform the always imitated, never duplicated, “Pinky Swear of Truth”.

If they will give you the “Pinky Swear of Truth” you are good to put absolute faith in purchasing nearly 50 year old movie blood with little to no other provenance.

I also have a GRAFLEX lightsaber from Star Wars that I would also be willing to give the “Pinky Swear of Truth” as being screen-used that someone can purchase as well.

Sorry for bumping a relatively old thread. Just wanted to say that I've done business with eBay user dmor2323, he also goes by his alt account Morrowcomet and is responsible for the Jaws blood items on eBay. The Jaws stuff originally came with documentation that says that that modern plastic corn syrup bottle in his images is the original 45+ year old bottle. Don't know if he includes it anymore, as his description for the Jaws stuff does not include any mention of digital document copies. The crew member mentioned in the documents "Thomas Roach", does not exist. He is not in the credits, not on IMDB, and not on any list that includes uncredited crew members.

Dmor, or "Derek M." according to my Paypal transactions, has a history of just cutting up anything and selling them as a prop items from what I could find. He recently got flack for selling bogus "Nightmare Before Christmas" bricks, which seemed to just be cut up pieces of foam with a fresh paint smell, according to those from the Disney Collectors groups on Facebook who bought some. He also tried to call one person who left him neg. feedback a "scammer".
morrow.jpg

I would suggest staying away from any of his unsubstantiated items, I'd probably go as far as to say stay away from most swatch items. Anybody can cook up some relatively nice art, a small unidentifiable piece of old, crusty material, slap it in a frame, and go "here's a genuine piece of raptor foot from Jurassic Park!" without an inkling of provenance. And unsuspecting folks will buy it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back