Jaws - Orca

COOL. Having that puppy as a radio control boat would ROCK. but you'd HAVE to get a radio control shark to go with it.

I like the shark cage.

"You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark."

<div class='quotetop'></div>
You go in the cage? Cage goes in the water? Shark's in the water. Our shark.[/b]

Fairwell and adieu to ye old Spanish ladies. Fairwell and adieu ye ladies of Spain. . .

<div class='quotetop'>(star-art @ May 31 2006, 07:28 AM) [snapback]1253522[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
You go in the cage? Cage goes in the water? Shark's in the water. Our shark.[/b]

Fairwell and adieu to ye old Spanish ladies. Fairwell and adieu ye ladies of Spain. . .
[/b][/quote]

....FAIR Spanish ladies....... :p

Nitpicking aside, this is a real must have.

If the price is right.....They'll probably say it's $10,000 dollars...for that you get get the bow, the stern...the whole damn thing.... :D

Rich

Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.

That looks like a great model, but there appears to be quite a bit of scratchbuilding involved for the chair, fishing poles, etc.

Hopefully that'll keep the price reasonable.

Bruce

I'm not really a model-builder, so there's a good chance my opinion means squat; but THAT is AWESOME.

"Here lies the body of Mary Lee - - - died at the age of 103. For 15 years she kept her virginity - - - not a bad record for this vicinity."

Great model. I wonder how much/

"The taxidermy man's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him..."

Its funny -- the MacFarlane toy has a better finish on it than I could do. But this one looks to be three to four times bigger.

Does anyone have any more info on this, like price, when and where? I emailed the address on the PDF, but I haven't heard anything back.

I heard back and he sent me a few PDFs of info. Prices are not confirmed yet but if you email him, you are on the list for information as he releases it. I believe the guys is busy with stuff every day but Thursday so maybe you'll get a reply then.

<div class='quotetop'>(KarlBud420 @ May 31 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1253572[/snapback]</div>
That looks like a great model, but there appears to be quite a bit of scratchbuilding involved for the chair, fishing poles, etc.[/b]
Agreed. My impression from the ad is that the parts they are calling "accessories" (chair, fishing poles, bunks, cage, etc.) are not included in the kit. And, of course, without all those "accessories," the Orca will look distinctly different than what we see in the film.

That said, it does look like a very cool model. Thanks for posting the link. :thumbsup

I know the guys from delmac, I will find out if this project is still a go or not.

I know they have been busy with stuff recently, which may have put this on hold.

OK, here is the situation with this model - Delmac asked me to post this here on their behalf, some personal info has been edited out by me:

Chuck was the person who built the boat pictured, unfortunately he has some serious health problems at the moment.

We do have several of the molds for all the parts to make the boat, but the Hull has to be made by hand and is made out of balsa wood. I will call Chuck and ask him if he would be ok with using his creation and molds of this Orca.

The molds consist of all the parts from interior to exterior of the boat. It was all done by hand after watching the movie a million times.

So if Chuck is happy to have the molds used, it is possible delmac will still make a kit available.

Al

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back