JAWS - Chief Brody's duty belt project - for the halibut

MFP 2020

Sr Member
I happened to see the thread (http://www.therpf.com/f45/just-got-prop-jaws-115405/) about the (possibly) actual screen-used belt a while back and remembered that I had a vintage duty belt and handcuff pouch in the garage that I'd bought for an unrelated project. Turns out the belt and pouch were correct as far as I could tell, so I decided to complete the set.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The belt is marked CLARK HOLSTER LOS ANGELES, CALIF. The belt was very dry, and despite my best restoration efforts, it's coming apart at the buckle. Bucheimer/Clark equipment was very popular with Southern California law enforcement agencies in the early 1970s. (Mine is a size 37 but Scheider probably had a 31" waist, so the position of the holes and stitching will obviously vary quite a bit.)

The .38 Special ammo drop pouch is by Bucheimer/Clark of Valencia, Calif. (My wife, herself an employee of a SoCal LE agency, said, "Isn't your ammo pouch upside down?" So I showed her how it works.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

The handcuff pouch is from Bianchi. Brody’s cuff pouch is all caved in so he’s obviously not carrying cuffs.

The holster is a Smith & Wesson B34 34 which, based on my research, is correct for Brody's S&W Model 15-4. I went back and forth on whether it was S&W or Bucheimer/Clark, but I couldn't tell from the DVD.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't think it's a Bucheimer, because Brody’s goes straight across in the front (at the rear sight) where the Bucheimer has a cutout, which is why I think that DDspike21’s holster is not correct, unless his is the S&W and it’s just the angle of the photo on the empty holster (or he has a stunt rig).

attachment.php

And now that I look at mine, I'm even more confused, as mine has the cutout/lip at the front, too.

The only (other?) glaring inaccuracy is the brass snap on the holster. I couldn't find the correct combo of holster and snap. Maybe I'll just paint it...

attachment.php

Comments or info welcome.

Last edited:
Just watched Jaws last week again, I've seen it probably 100 times and it never gets boring! Definatly a cool prop build. You should complete the costume and go "fishing" lol.

Thanks for commenting! I was a little sad that no one said anything.

You're Welcome. That is strange that nobody posted a comment. I find this thread extremely interesting. I might have to look around for these items. To go with my handkerchief, and Old Spice..:lol

I would have commented earlier if I had spotted it - been too busy building my Enterprise!

Anything JAWS and I'm all over it like Bruce on Kitner.

all over it like Bruce on Kitner. Love it!!!!

really cool project! pure luck that the one that you had was like the one used in the movie, ive gotta get my hands on one!

How come I just found out about this forum????!!!???

You guys are more into this stuff that some in the major Jaws forums....some of you are in the jaws forums...but wow...this is great...I am so glad I found this place.

That is great!!! ...I'm going to have to make a set-up like that!

...Say, how did you find out it's an S&W 15, and not a 19?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back