Jawa ion blaster - Utinni!

Kovnyn

Sr Member
Aside from a dash of paint and a bit more weathering, my Jawa ion blaster, as wielded by Dathcha to disable R2, is complete.
While the original was made with a cut down Enfield rifle with grenade launcher cup, I wasn't going that far. I made mine from a 2x4 and scrap metal. The cup is an old aluminum air filter housing, the rest is schedule 40 black iron pipe fittings, nuts and bolts, and sheet steel.
Not an exact replica, but identifiable as a Jawa ion gun.

Now, the question remains is if I should make the battery pack for it. If so, what was the original made from?

IMG_20190213_000756.jpg
IMG_20190213_000808.jpg

The battery pack was a vintage power flask. Though it can take a little searching before you find one close enough. Prices vary but I found a very nice one myself some time ago for about £40

They look something like this. But styles vary

ANTIQUE ARTISANAL BLACK POWDER FLASK HANDMADE WITH BRONZE IRON BONE HORN | eBay

Is pretty close. Or you could use it as inspiration to make one from scratch. a suitable container, some embossed hobby art craft supplies and a bit of dry brushing....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back