Jason Voorhees costume

bradtdkrises

I'm working on a Jason costume from FvJ for cosplay and Halloween.
I just wanted to post pics and get some feed back from you guys!

So far, I bought a very cheap blue tshirt, I'm using a grey sweatshirt I got for christmas (that I'll never wear), and a pair of black sweat pants. I'ts hard to find good pictures from the movie because they are so dark, so I'm using other people's pics as well. I also found a couple of good vids on youtube.
What I have now is the tshirt and sweatshirt weathered and battered...I used an exacto knife because it left jagged edges instead of scissors which left a clean cut hole.
I used fabric paint from walmart..nothing fancy..lol...dark brown, tan, black, and red.
So, here is a pic of the shirt and sweatshirt.
Jasonsweater.jpg

ok..no feedback yet..lol
Here's a pic of just the costume kinda put together to get an idea...i'm still gonna get an old coat and weather/distress it and I'm waiting on a blank hock to paint like FvJ movie...here im using my part 3 (signed by Kane Hodder..hehe)
Id love to hear what you guys thought so far...
FvJ2.jpg

I'm going for Freddy vs Jason...I really dig his look in that film. I'm just waiting on a blank hock to show up...and a different coat to weather/distress. Thank you CHAANK!

Just wanted to add a few more pics...

Here's my coat after weathering/distress ..I couldn't find burlap so I opted for Carhartt..lol
0902151913.jpg
downsized_0902151913a.jpg

And here is the FvJ hock after I painted it.
jasonvshock.jpg

Here is my costume put together...kind of a "dummy" just to see how it looks.
jasonvsdummy.jpg
jasonvsdummy3.jpg

Looks good so far, what undermask are you using? Because I have never seen a ear look like that on a Jason mask

My feedback on my Jason costume has been meh at best, so your not alone on that front, great others are responding back. My costume is from the remake, down to every piece I made sure its just like the movie

Last edited:
Thank you! It's not screen accurate but I did my best! lol...As far as undermask goes..I really don't know who made it. I bought it off of ebay because it was a really good deal. The ears do look a lil funny...but I'm ok with it. Hehe...
I'd love to see yours though! I really dig the creativity and art that goes into making your own costume...I'm not so worried about screen accurate..but that's just me.
Thank you so much for responding Horrorfanatic66!!!!

Thank you! It's not screen accurate but I did my best! lol...As far as undermask goes..I really don't know who made it. I bought it off of ebay because it was a really good deal. The ears do look a lil funny...but I'm ok with it. Hehe...
I'd love to see yours though! I really dig the creativity and art that goes into making your own costume...I'm not so worried about screen accurate..but that's just me.
Thank you so much for responding Horrorfanatic66!!!!

Yea fair enough, it still looks awesome, just curios who made your undermask, look forward in how your VS costume finishes. You can see my costume, I have made a few threads on my 2009 costume, check it out

I did check yours out...looks awesome! I think its great man! I really enjoy making/painting the masks, clothing etc etc...for me, its about the journey. The process...
but really man..it looks fantastic!

Not too many Voorhees costumes on here anymore. Guessing once the next movie/tv show is made they will come to the forefront again.

Just actually started working on my own. Its going to be a Vs/Remake hybrid. Just grabbed a Darkside Studios Remake hood and looking around for a decent hock that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Not too many Voorhees costumes on here anymore. Guessing once the next movie/tv show is made they will come to the forefront again.

Just actually started working on my own. Its going to be a Vs/Remake hybrid. Just grabbed a Darkside Studios Remake hood and looking around for a decent hock that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Sounds good, hopefully you keep up to date with your costume, the remake I love to death, by far my fave look. It reminds me of the VS just more practical and twice has less many layers, so many factors went into putting together the remake

I did decide to make some "monster boots"...I found an old pair of work boots and glued 4 pairs of flip flops to the bottom. Without them, I stand 5'10...lol

monster shoe.jpg
I used some old shoes from Goodwill and flip flops on clearance from WalMart...I kinda hacked them up cutting them to fit the shoes so I added some duct tape to smooth it out some. Hopefully, no one will be looking at my feet..lol

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back