Ghostbusters: Afterlife

I've seen nothing to get me excited about this so far, except for the teaser with the car. Everything else I've heard about it just makes me feel "meh". I don't know why it seems they are pushing the "kids" movie angle on it.

4AA83359-D720-48A4-851A-3A94B4DB06AF.jpeg

I’m guessing the consensus is pretty split on this one. On one hand, I see members getting excited over the actors (same here), while other members don’t seem to like the angle the film is going for. Would anyone say this is a “Right tools, Wrong direction” project? I hope it doesn’t end up that way.

I have confidence in the director because he really seems to want to put out something good, but I also have a huge problem with it revolving around kids. Blues Brothers 2000 had a kid in it and we all see how that went. I hope I'm wrong and want to be wrong, but I just don't see it living up to the originals in terms of quality. I could absolutely be wrong. I hope I am. So far it seems like another "Down on their luck" story. I don't get why they just won't go the francise route and have the original Ghostbusters be the franchise starters now running a company with franchises across the world. Showcase new teams of adults fighting ghosts. Leave so much open for new possiblities. Instead it seems like we are getting a retired Ghostbuster or two living in a small town, maybe trying to avoid their old life? It better not be another Luke Skywalker let down.

I think I saw it on reddit and was claimed to be from the set. Not sure if they are using a fan made car or not though.

Sooo... people seem upset that the apparent story is "down on their luck ghostbuster, or Ghostbusters family members, get the business going again"... Which, if I'm remembering right was the winning formula for both other movies. So what gives?

Ghostbusters: three guys down on their luck, hitting dead ends at their college jobs, risk everything and start a business.

Ghostbusters 2: The guys are down on their luck again, mostly hitting dead ends at their jobs, then get the business going again.

Sooo... people seem upset that the apparent story is "down on their luck ghostbuster, or Ghostbusters family members, get the business going again"... Which, if I'm remembering right was the winning formula for both other movies. So what gives?

Ghostbusters: three guys down on their luck, hitting dead ends at their college jobs, risk everything and start a business.

Ghostbusters 2: The guys are down on their luck again, mostly hitting dead ends at their jobs, then get the business going again.

It’s because people just like being mad. It’s like it’s their hobby or something.

Wow that would be a dream come true, even if it was for free!

No, I must say that at a certain point in every fanboys turned movie industry pro LIFE it just is work and there are more important things in life. Between say 20 and 35 I can see and understand that feeling. But if you want some familylife then making movies for a living is going to be pretty tough.

Dang, I sometimes do hate reality. :(

Okay, I am still excited for the movie and I would be happy to get a simple and decent story to see the franchise continued in a decent direction.

EDIT: yesterday evening we watched GB with my bonus daughter. She is fifteen now, and enjoyed it. Another corner stone placed in a nerd girls life ;) GB2 to follow and if she really wants to watch GB 2016 I cant keep it from her. But tje important thing is I got her interested in the franchise.

Last edited:
I think it is interesting that the Ecto shown above it in the original configuration, not the more recent Ecto 1a version with all that extra hardware stacked on top...

I think it is interesting that the Ecto shown above it in the original configuration, not the more recent Ecto 1a version with all that extra hardware stacked on top...

Originally in gb2 there was suppose to be a scene with the ecto-1a leaving the fire station and the ecto1 retired in the back

It was always a intention that the ecto-1a was a totally different car, but I don’t think the audience picked up on the physical differences between the models of the actual car.. and not showing the first ecto still in the fire station doesn’t help either

Never considered that tgere were two Ectos, 1a looked to me like the same one with a bunch of new stuff bplted on top of the original equipment.
The original base vehicle wss a bit rare, if they had another base vehicle the differences would have made two Ectos plain..

Never considered that tgere were two Ectos, 1a looked to me like the same one with a bunch of new stuff bplted on top of the original equipment.
The original base vehicle wss a bit rare, if they had another base vehicle the differences would have made two Ectos plain..

Yeah when I was younger I never realized it. Always thought it was the same one re dressed

Then once I got older and got into cars and revisited you learn it’s a different model. But maybe the audience is suppose to believe it’s the same car just upgraded

Then there was some commentary somewhere about the scene in GB2 with Louis’s chasing the car out the doors

“Certified check cash or money order!!!”

That’s where they wanted the ecto1 to be in the back ground, but they can’t fit the 2 cars in the fire station in California, I remember them saying they wanted it under cover with the cover exposing the original noghost logo

But you can’t fit the car sideways in that station, so I guess the idea was scrapped or it was staged and never used

They also overly exaggerated the car being a piece of crap in the beginning

And one of my favorite scenes! Lol

Fun fact, in GB1 when ray and zeddemore are coming back from a bust, and talking about ***** raising from the dead, there’s a scene from the air showing the car going over the bridge with the lights on

The car actually died on the bridge and she’s coasting down the other side lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back