Jason Reitman's Ghostbusters 2020

Egon Spengler

Sr Member
I've seen nothing to get me excited about this so far, except for the teaser with the car. Everything else I've heard about it just makes me feel "meh". I don't know why it seems they are pushing the "kids" movie angle on it.

The Searcher

Sr Member
I’m guessing the consensus is pretty split on this one. On one hand, I see members getting excited over the actors (same here), while other members don’t seem to like the angle the film is going for. Would anyone say this is a “Right tools, Wrong direction” project? I hope it doesn’t end up that way.

Egon Spengler

Sr Member
I have confidence in the director because he really seems to want to put out something good, but I also have a huge problem with it revolving around kids. Blues Brothers 2000 had a kid in it and we all see how that went. I hope I'm wrong and want to be wrong, but I just don't see it living up to the originals in terms of quality. I could absolutely be wrong. I hope I am. So far it seems like another "Down on their luck" story. I don't get why they just won't go the francise route and have the original Ghostbusters be the franchise starters now running a company with franchises across the world. Showcase new teams of adults fighting ghosts. Leave so much open for new possiblities. Instead it seems like we are getting a retired Ghostbuster or two living in a small town, maybe trying to avoid their old life? It better not be another Luke Skywalker let down.