Done / Completed Jaro Tapal/Cal Kestis [«OGGDO KILLER»] lightsaber (from "Fallen Order") by Lukyanov - SOLD OUT

Here is how mine arrived. A bit of 1200grit should get rid of it and then some polishing for a smooth shiny surface for my version ;)
I just love the design you did, very well thought out with how it all comes together. Really wish I had grabbed two for the staff.

Attachments

• IMG_1941.png
    IMG_1941.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1851.png
    IMG_1851.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Mine arrived yesterday and I have some scuffing on the shrouds as well and some other marks around the sound vents; thankfully I bought two (one from Denis and one from SaberBay) so I am going to use the one in better condition for display and the second one for dueling. Not complaining, just wanted to share and make you aware Denis like everyone else.

I know some people were not a fan of the plastic grip but it honestly feels really nice and the weight on this saber is beautifully balanced; everything about the design, layout, and feel of this saber is phenomenal! You really outdid yourself with this one Denis, thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
How do you remove the shrouds? I want to take them off so I can clean up the insides and be able to weather the top section. Thanks
Remove the emitter from the main body by unscrewing the 4 grub screws underneath the shroud where the switch is screwed into.
This will give you access to the screws holding the shrouds to the emitter.

Mine has been sitting in Chicago for about 5 - 6 days. It’s been a little over a month since it shipped out. Hopefully it’ll start moving this week. It still has a ways to go to reach me down here in the carribean.

AA056925-8D8D-4630-A770-C71C9344C751.jpeg

Mine has been sitting in Chicago for about 5 - 6 days. It’s been a little over a month since it shipped out. Hopefully it’ll start moving this week. It still has a ways to go to reach me down here in the carribean.

View attachment 1412483

Mine was the same. Then today it suddenly went from Chicago to “out for delivery” in Los Angeles.

Mine was the same. Then today it suddenly went from Chicago to “out for delivery” in Los Angeles.
Yeah that’s happened to me with other packages before. USPS is not very reliable when it comes to tracking. We’ll see what happens.

Finally was able to finish mine.

I didn't see it mentioned here before but for the wires, 12 AWG copper and aluminum wires fit best for the bottom portion. A tab of superglue will hold them in place.

For the small piece near the emitter, 30 AWG wires worked best for me. It should fit the tiny holes perfectly. Tried to match the wires the best I could as shown in the game itself (not the promo image)

Weathered with a little bit of oil paints but majority of it was with Tamiya weathering powders to achieve that dry rust look. Top half was hit with some aluminum black to darken the metal and then using fine steel wool to achieve the right level of weathering.

PXL_20210117_011231311.jpg
PXL_20210117_010401140.jpg
PXL_20210117_010807297.jpg
PXL_20210117_010811913.jpg

Finally was able to finish mine.

I didn't see it mentioned here before but for the wires, 12 AWG copper and aluminum wires fit best for the bottom portion. A tab of superglue will hold them in place.

For the small piece near the emitter, 30 AWG wires worked best for me. It should fit the tiny holes perfectly. Tried to match the wires the best I could as shown in the game itself (not the promo image)

Weathered with a little bit of oil paints but majority of it was with Tamiya weathering powders to achieve that dry rust look. Top half was hit with some aluminum black to darken the metal and then using fine steel wool to achieve the right level of weathering.
Will the powder rub off or does it act more like a paint? Also what oil paints did you use?

Will the powder rub off or does it act more like a paint? Also what oil paints did you use?

It's more like a wax than a powder now that I think of it. It will come off with heavy handling at first but over time it becomes less likely to rub off if you handle it lightly. This will be a display piece so it doesn't bother me too much. It will come off really easily when using water though.

For the oil paint, I used winsor and newton

Remove the emitter from the main body by unscrewing the 4 grub screws underneath the shroud where the switch is screwed into.
This will give you access to the screws holding the shrouds to the emitter.
Thanks, I removed the screws and the bottom part of the shroud lifts away but the top half doesn’t. Can’t see any other fixing but nervous to pull it too hard in case it snaps off. Denis can you confirm it’s just a tight fit please?

Thanks, I removed the screws and the bottom part of the shroud lifts away but the top half doesn’t. Can’t see any other fixing but nervous to pull it too hard in case it snaps off. Denis can you confirm it’s just a tight fit please?

Nope, there's a hex-head screw inside the emitter too. Don't just lift it off; that aluminum piece is held in place in two locations.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back