Jane Foster Breastplate Build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RyanConsell

I built a replica of the breasplate worn by Jane Foster in Thor 2 over the past couple of weeks.
thor-the-dark-world-23.png

Here's the rundown:

Hammered from 20g mild steel sheet and masked with vinyl that I cut on a silhouette.

IMG_20150131_152303.jpg

Etched using a 5A, 30V power supply running at 4.8A for about an hour in a table salt (NaCl) solution. Armor anode (+) other plate as cathode (-). Both submerged in the solution.

Here is the lovely bucket of of sludge at the end of the process.
IMG_20150131_173715.jpg

Final Product:

IMG_20150209_233010.jpgIMG_20150201_120603.jpgIMG_20150131_182011.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also made a video of the creation:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Izzy358

wow that looks perfect, the video is great too, I've made armor out of fiber glass but I really want to have a go at metal work and your video is an inspiration, I've never seen the whole process like that its really interesting, thanks for sharing it!