James Webb Space Telescope launch is rescheduled again

Secondary mirror deployed successfully. From what I can gather, this means it will be able to collect data regardless of the rest of the mirrors' deployment. Those other mirrors will just lead to faster data collection.

Secondary mirror deployed successfully. From what I can gather, this means it will be able to collect data regardless of the rest of the mirrors' deployment. Those other mirrors will just lead to faster data collection.

I was wondering about that, if they lost those segments. Figured it should still work, like my Dobsonian scope with a aperture stop when I want to cut the light gathering down to look at planets.

Now we are waiting for the main mirror's wings to come out. Could you please share any sources about its data collecting?
Because the only thing I know is that the first images will be available in less than 6 months only

This rocket is almost going a mile a second and without a planet assist slingshotting it even faster, which they dont need to do of course.
That Parker solar probe is going up to 430,000 mph....that was the last live rocket I ever got to watch back in 2018 before moving from FL. I do miss the launches, but not too much else.

makes me think how small we really are...

Oh yeah, I've struggled with that, I give myself solace that we are just as much a part of the unviverse as all the rest of it, and we are in a way the evolved conciousness of the universe, self awareness of itself through us. Works for me anyways. And I think that others must be looking at their dark skies and maybe looking our way wondering about others too.

I get anxiety when watching shows on the history channel about this stuff too

Like legit anxiety.. to the point where I have to change the channel lol

I get anxiety when watching shows on the history channel about this stuff too

Like legit anxiety.. to the point where I have to change the channel lol

Probably means you truly get it then, cuz it probably should rattle us good. LOL
Time to watch some Gilligan or Dumb and Dumber at that point. (y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back