James Horner Dies in Plane Crash

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Lots of outlets reporting a plane registered to James has crashed with no survivors and James was presumed on board.

Re: James Horner Plane Crash

This is sad news no matter the outcome, even more so if he was on board. We're losing scored music in films to flavor of the month groups and he's one of the last holdouts.

Most people think of Titanic, for me it's the Main Title to Battle Beyond the Stars. Awesome theme!!

I do hope he wasn't the pilot, and turns up OK.

For me, my favorite is Wrath of Khan. I know he "borrowed" from other composers, and recycled a number of musical ideas in his soundtracks, but I still enjoyed his work greatly, and hope to continue doing so.

Confirmed by Sylvia Patrycja

Sylvia Patrycja[/URL said:
]A great tragedy has struck my family today, and I will not be around for a while. I would like some privacy and time to heal. We have lost an amazing person with a huge heart, and unbelievable talent. He died doing what he loved. Thank you for all your support and love and see you down the road. Love Sylvia.

Sorry to hear it, even though it isn't officially confirmed yet that it was him, I know it in my heart. RIP James Horner. Loved Battle beyond the Stars, STII TWOK, and Aliens!

Last edited:
Re: James Horner missing in plane crash

Damn.
I know he had gotten into aviation again and had written music for flight teams.
A big part of the movie magic I grew up with.

This is such terrible news. What a great loss to music and film scores. He was in my top three composers. RIP mr Horner and thank you for sharing your gift with the rest if us.

Who sat in the theatre when Star Trek The Wrath Of Khan opened and didn't get tingle when the music started .RIP Mr Horner
and thanks for the music to my favourite movies.

Extremely sad to hear about his death..... he composed some of the greatest music in the film industry. Glory, The Rocketeer, Aliens, Apollo 13 and Titanic have been some of my favorite soundtracks. His talents will be greatly missed.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back