James Bond TND Phone. Someone make please.

Jamesfett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been wanting to build the Ericsson Tomorrow Never Dies Bond Phone for forever.

Since Ericsson refused to make literally the world's most requested cell phone, I got the closest model and began to modify.

This seems to be beyond my skill. I was hoping to make it with lite up electronic lights, screen, etc. but I can't even get the front half to look right and that is the easiest part.

Every cut I make and the darn thing cracks and falls apart.

Some symbols are not right and I have no clue, after modding the buttons, how to print the correct symbols, numbers, Ericsson labels, etc.

This seems to be beyond my skill level as I have damaged the phone on the first step.

I know a lot of Bond fans would love one of these. Add electronics, the flip over fingerprint scanner, stun gun, car remote and you could make a pretty penny.

I have seen one or two resin replicas. I know there was one here someone made that looked good.

If someone could do a run I would happily pay 1k for an electronic one. I think others would too. Maybe a kit.

Just a thought, idea, etc. I am gonna scrap this one I think.

1613260486459.png

1613260502314.png

1613260516624.png

1613260533923.png

Hope is not lost today, it is found.

One of our members has something in the works. It will be a while but will be awesome.

More tomorrow.

A good friend of mine, Klaus, made an interesting version that he can provide foe you. --Ed
Check out this link:

All I know about the prop was it wasn't one prop. It was multiple props, one for each function. But yeah I loved this one too and wanted to make one for a good while

A good friend of mine, Klaus, made an interesting version that he can provide foe you. --Ed
Check out this link:

This is very cool if you want a static phone for just display. It is very well done but is solid, does not open. Very cool though.

Okay some of you have seen this before by our member Kmagzoo7:

He is going to work on a new version. He is going to try to incorporate the flip up fingerprint scanner. I also am hoping he can incorporate the stun gun prods and removable Antenna.

He said he is going to try to make it stronger at the hinge and hollow for electronics but there will be very little space and he is only going to offer the phone, no electronice.

This is very early. I asked if it was okay to share and he said yes but emphasized this may be a while.

There is no guarantee and it may not happen but would be awesome if it could.

Honestly I would be thrilled with a kit of any kind and put it together myself or a finished prop.

Really cool and interesting project!
> watch

Klaus did a really nice job for a visual static prop! He even gave me an impulse to warm-up the CAD software and get some ericsson phones out of boxes!

20210215_082019.jpg

But, same comment as yours James.. to make it good, it s a complex one. I have unfortunately too few time here for the project...

Good luck guys and please keep us posted!!!
I would also be really interested in a kit of this prop!!!

- François

Last edited:
Here is another great video form the man on Youtube that Ed posted earlier.

It is an interview with the man who designed the phone.

Really cool and interesting project!
> watch

Klaus did a really nice job for a visual static prop! He even gave me an impulse to warm-up the CAD software and get some ericsson phones out of boxes!

View attachment 1425815
But, same comment as yours James.. to make it good, it s a complex one. I have unfortunately too few time here for the project...

Good luck guys and please keep us posted!!!
I would also be really interested in a kit of this prop!!!

- François

Yeah after posting all this I took another shot at it and the phone continued to crack and break.

Gonna set it aside and wait for Kmagzoo7 to hopefully make his.

Okay taking another shot at this.

Currently the phone is covered in JB weld. Sanding is next.

Attachments

• 20210228_132825.jpg
    20210228_132825.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back