James Bond fedoras

Solo

Sr Member
Does anyone here know where I can get some pretty close replicas of the fedora hats Sean Connery wore? The regular one and the one he played golf in from Goldfinger, specifically.

Thanks.

Solo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Solo @ Apr 28 2006, 04:56 AM) [snapback]1234628[/snapback]</div>
Does anyone here know where I can get some pretty close replicas of the fedora hats Sean Connery wore? The regular one and the one he played golf in from Goldfinger, specifically.

Thanks.

Solo
[/b]

Try www.hatsdirect.com

KK2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mantis @ Apr 28 2006, 04:46 AM) [snapback]1234705[/snapback]</div>
Go to the ORIGINAL hatters for the film....they STILL carry them...look for the Sandown Trilby

http://www.lockhatters.co.uk/index.taf
[/b]

Wow, that's a great tip. Unfortunately, they only have brown. And I don't see any black summer hats like the one in Goldfinger.

I checked out your archive, also. Where did you get that Rolex you're wearing with that authentic Connery suit? I want them both.

-Solo

Connery only wore the Brown Sandown Trilby. Lock will confirm this. As for the golf hat I've been toying with having one custom made by Barron hats.

GB

Quick tip on the golf hat....an almost exact replica can be found if you have a Burlington Coat Factory around....I bought two.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mantis @ Apr 28 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1235113[/snapback]</div>
Quick tip on the golf hat....an almost exact replica can be found if you have a Burlington Coat Factory around....I bought two.
[/b]

I live like a par 5 from Burlington. There is a kick ass outlet there if anyone want me to pick up a few.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mantis @ Apr 28 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1235113[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

I live like a par 5 from Burlington. There is a kick ass outlet there if anyone want me to pick up a few.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GBOOTHROYD @ Apr 28 2006, 03:38 PM) [snapback]1235025[/snapback]</div>
Connery only wore the Brown Sandown Trilby. Lock will confirm this. As for the golf hat I've been toying with having one custom made by Barron hats.

GB
[/b]

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I don't doubt that he wore a brown one, but in the first couple of films, he always had a gray one he threw onto Moneypenny's hat rack. Didn't he?

-Solo

Trust me it was brown. I went through this with someone over at AJB. Due to the lighting and the technicolor film, the trilby sometimes appears grey, but it's in reality brown. Think of it like THE MAN WITH NO NAME poncho. Because of how the original film degraded the poncho sometimes appears brown, in reality it was green. Even Clint Eastwood said it was green. I can direct you just as easily to scenes where ithe trilby does appear brown. I even have stills of Connery at the airport in Jamaica with trilby and briefcase from Dr. NO, and guess what, the hat is brown. And James Lock and Co. who supplied the original hat said the hat was brown.

GB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GBOOTHROYD @ Apr 29 2006, 08:05 PM) [snapback]1235680[/snapback]</div>
Trust me it was brown. I went through this with someone over at AJB. Due to the lighting and the technicolor film, the trilby sometimes appears grey, but it's in reality brown. Think of it like THE MAN WITH NO NAME poncho. Because of how the original film degraded the poncho sometimes appears brown, in reality it was green. Even Clint Eastwood said it was green. I can direct you just as easily to scenes where ithe trilby does appear brown. I even have stills of Connery at the airport in Jamaica with trilby and briefcase from Dr. NO, and guess what, the hat is brown. And James Lock and Co. who supplied the original hat said the hat was brown.

GB
[/b]

That's good enough for me...BTW, per Mantis' suggestion, I just got back from looking at BFC. It seems to be quite the urban outfitter these days. Or are all the discount outlet stores like that?

-Solo

There are two sections for hats.....you want to go where the fedora and panama hats are in the suit area....look for the pork pie influneced hats...there are black and grey ones....the one I am referring to is a flat black with a single striped band multicolor (this would have to be replaced) and looks a hybrid of a trilby and a pork.

By the way, does anyone know the brand of golf sweater Connery is wearing in the photo?

Mantis,

The sweater is a Slazenger. The Logo is in gold/yellow, not white. Gleaned this information from stills. Working on one myself. Last time I checked Slazenger, they only had cotton sweaters with the logo going the opposite direction.

GB

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back