No Time To Die (James Bond 25)

Re: Craig will be Bond again

they need to dump Adele though....:unsure
Ok, she did one theme, and it was the best one since The World is Not Enough. I say bring her back after the disaster that was Sam Smith (ick). I find the themes are at their best when the title of the movie is a part of the song. The only one in this set of films was Skyfall.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'd rather have Dalton back than deal with more of Craig's emotionless blonde brute version of Bond.
I understand what you mean, but personally I prefer Craig to anyone else (followed closely by Brosnan) cuz he's the closest we've come to the original character from the books.

Five films is a good run at the end of the day. I like Craig`s Bond but maybe its time for a more charming 007. I sure hope Idris can do charming coz all the others on the list apart from Tom Hardy can only do charming and nothing else.

I'm right there with you! DC talking about how miserable he was after the last film should have sent a red flag to the studio. If he is dreading it, his performance is going to suffer. Bring in some new blood!
Watch his Colbert interview, he explains the disparaging comment he made.

Idris will have to wait one more movie.
I'm really not into rebooting again. I love Idris - I'm one of the few who actually liked Dark Tower - but I'd rather they continue forward with the current continuity. Although they could cast him as Robinson, or give him in the villain role. I'd totally be down for that.

Last edited:
I'm really not into rebooting again. I love Idris - I'm one of the few who actually liked Dark Tower - but I'd rather they continue forward with the current continuity. Although they could cast him as Robinson, or give him in the villain role. I'd totally be down for that.

Reboot? If they cast a female it would be a reboot.

If they cast an actor of a different race as James Bond they have to reboot too. People don't randomly switch races. At least I've never heard of such a thing.

The only prerequisites for Bond that I entertain is that he is male and British (or Australian).

The same backstory fits every actor like a Savile Row suit, why would you change it too address the colour of the latest iteration. Yes, its a leap but as a great band once said, the song remains the same.

And if this was the first reboot before Craig I would agree with you 100%, and would have been just fine with Idris in the role, but I already have to suspend disbelief for the Bond franchise, I don't need another factor to add to that. Besides, the majority of the moviegoing audience will automatically assume it is a reboot without a thought, just like they thought Rogue One was a sequel to The Force Awakens, in some instances even up until they were in the theater waiting for the movie to start.

The only prerequisites for Bond that I entertain is that he is male and British (or Australian).

Agreed 100%.

I dont care care what color Bond is as long as he is a good Bond.

The ONLY problem I see with Elba being Bond is the age thing. Everyone talks about how Craig is getting too old for the role at 49, but Elba's not that far behind him at 45 this year. So figure Craig does this film that comes out in 2019, Elba is 47 by then, and his first film would be...what...2022...which would make him 50 in his first appearance in the role.

Connery was 32 in his first Bond film.
Lazenby was 30.
Moore was 46.
Dalton was 41.
Brosnan was 42.
Craig was 38.

So Elba would be the oldest actor to play his first Bond role.

I think Elba would make a SPECTACULAR Bond, but with so many people saying Craig is too old I just don't see how they wouldn't also say Elba is too old???

Elba last movie is crap...there! Elba as a Bond is as wrong as Charlize as a Bond:behave:rolleyes Craig signed-up for 2 more movies...so, let's be Zen and breathe by the nose; it's going to be at least 5 years before they'll cast someone new and, who knows, a "yout" will have his chance to shine:love

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back