Jackie Chan-"Police Story" Revolver Gun

GreenCircleCube

Hey guys,

So I was looking around online seeing what kind of gun Jackie Chan uses in the first "Police Story" series: "Police Story (1985)".

In the film he plays a police officer for the Royal Hong Kong Police as Detective Chan, Ka-Kui. This gun is important in the film because one of the henchman of the crime-lord, Chu Tao, the main antagonist in the movie uses Ka-Kui's gun to shoot a fellow police officer, making Chan seem like a fugitive cop killer. He also uses the revolver to hold up a double-decker bus which contained Chu and his men and puts his Superior officer in hostage.

400px-PS1_06.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTos9g88xthVsNGb0q2zN1CipAudW65LKRzTg5KQj_M8em5FFyHeg.jpg

Because of this, I would like to find an airsoft version of the gun since I do not have a gun license, plus the actual firearm is expensive.

According to the imfdb (Internet Movie Firearms Database) it says that a "Smith and Wesson Model 36" was Chan's gun. ( http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Jackie_Chan )

I searched if there was an airsoft version of this revolver and found the "Tanaka Smith & Wesson M36 Lady Smith" on the Redwolf Airsoft website: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwo...esson_M36_Lady_Smith_2_inch_Steel_version.htm

But as you see below:
TNK-4537212006439-1L.jpg

The handle is more orange-ish red-ish, while Chan's gun is brown.

So what should I do?

Should I find a different airsoft gun? Because this still cost $220. Even though the prices of the actual gun is much higher than the airsoft version, it still is a bit pricey.
or should I get another airsoft gun that resembles the Model 36 but is not exactly this. Or should I weather the handle, so it turns browner. If I do weather the handle, how should i go about that?

If you guys have any ideas please let me know.

[[EDIT]]

This is a better version:
15720c1f7b19d6cdfcdb290f0d9dc4e0.image.398x300.jpg

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19656

400px-PS1_06.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTos9g88xthVsNGb0q2zN1CipAudW65LKRzTg5KQj_M8em5FFyHeg.jpg

TNK-4537212006439-1L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tanaka airsoft are Japanese made, and cost a lot as they are of the high end type airsoft. If you don't intent to shoot it, and use it only for collection or display, then you can go the eBay and search "airsoft revolver" and you will see a lot more selection with cheaper price. Besides, many airsoft guns do not go by the real name of their firearm counterpart, so searching for M36 only shows those that are licensed and cost a lot more. Hope this helps.

Tanaka airsoft are Japanese made, and cost a lot as they are of the high end type airsoft. If you don't intent to shoot it, and use it only for collection or display, then you can go the eBay and search "airsoft revolver" and you will see a lot more selection with cheaper price. Besides, many airsoft guns do not go by the real name of their firearm counterpart, so searching for M36 only shows those that are licensed and cost a lot more. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip bothanspy, but I want it to feel authentic and occasionally shoot it because I'm also into airsoft, so I'll just find a lowest deal for this gun

Last edited:
Re: Jackie Chan-"Police Story" Revolver Gun

Does anybody have an idea on how to remove the "Lady Smith" signature on the side of the gun? What should I do? Scrap it off? Or soak it in something? Any idea?

Does anybody have an idea on how to remove the "Lady Smith" signature on the side of the gun? What should I do? Scrap it off? Or soak it in something? Any idea?

If its engraved, you could fill it but you would need to repaint the whole gun

If its engraved, you could fill it but you would need to repaint the whole gun

Thanks for the idea but I'm going to go for a different gun since it's more accurate. But I'll be sure to do your idea if needed in the future\

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back