Jack Sparrow Frock Coat - Help and Advice please.

Markyb916

Hi All.

I am currently in the middle of a Jack Sparrow build and have been able to either source or make nearly all the items.

The only one that is giving me a bit of a problem is the frock coat. I'm finding it nearly impossible to find one in the usual place such as ebay. There are a number of coats on there but none seem to have the level of quality/accuracy. I'm guessing this is due to the discontinued fabric etc.

I have also purchased the simplicity pattern with the intention of making my own but again, I am having difficulty locating a good substitute for the fabric.

If anyone can offer advice on the fabrication process and good sources of fabric (preferably in the UK) I'd really appreciate it. I would also be interested in peoples opinions of some of the commercial suppliers out there (e.g. Yordreem etc).

Alternatively, if anyone has or knows of one that might be for sale please message me. I would probably need one with about a 40 inch chest.

I'm also happy to swap any tips with making the other parts if I can help.

Thanks in Advance.

Mark

I made one a few years ago and bought the fabric at a local fabric store. Specifically I bought a fabric that was similar but not correct. I ended up buying a fabric that was made for upholstering furniture.
IMG_4736.jpg

I' m using the funnycostumes coat fwith some modifications (i changed the lining, butonholes and added metal buttons from simon newton)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back