Jack Sparrow BACK TATTOO...

Thanks! I've contacted someone I know in the make-up industry that may be able to track down some better shots for me so... fingers crossed!

One interesting thing to note is that the last couple of lines of the Desiderata gets cropped off from the tattoo. I guess they couldn't get it all to fit. Too bad, because the ending of the poem is one of the best parts. I may still include it in my version... tough to say. I'm curious what people's take on this is... full poem or screen accurate? I believe the bottom of the tattoo is mostly obscured by the sash anyway.

Here's an example of the original font:

desid-text-sample.jpg

...and the conspiracy continues! Here's the reply back I got from my make-up contact:

I do have pictures from the event but that display is either out of focus or out of frame. I am surprised we don't have this. Sorry.

Oh well... I guess I'll just have to reconstruct as best as I can from the info we've collected thus far.

Right now I'm working on the layout for my print. There will have to be some executive decisions made regarding the integrity of the poem as some of it is missing from his back...

Yes, those photos are all that's available, apparently. So, at this point I'll just have to work with what I've got.

I believe it is generally regarded by fans as "non canonical", meaning that the "real" Jack Sparrow didn't actually have this, only one of his "personas" in Davy Jones' Locker.

Well, I'm going to aim for as close a tattoo as possible for Phoenix Comic Con (if I do indeed go, this weekend). I found a tattoo artist willing to take a stab at it, so I've purchased some temporary tattoo pens and ink, and we'll give it a go on Thursday night/Friday morning! If I do go through with it then I'll post pics!

Did a bunch of work on this today. I re-positioned all the text (several times!) drew the dolphin border and the "monkey face" (which, lacking any good quality images, I had to creatively extrapolate the details):

desid-double-sample.jpg

Let me know what you think...

-Indy

Yes, the originals used by the make-up artist were some kind of temp tattoo. One of the original sets were on display at a make-up symposium a few years ago no high-res images are available, so we've got to make do with what we have.

For those who have missed it in the original post, I'm planning on offering these as printed posters (on canvas and parchment) but may be able to offer temp tattoos as well...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back