Jack Burton's Boots BTILC

the boots were moccasins made by bald mountain moccasins. I met a guy who owned a pair of their moccs, and he told me they were from the same company from BTILC. I hear the company split up, but a google search will point you toward some of the members who still craft shoes. alternately, there are other less expensive manufacturers of equal quality custom mocs.

Mystic Soles is the name of the company claiming to have apprenticed under the Bald Mountain founder. You can also get similarly constructed moccs from Catskill Mountain Moccasins, or if you're confident in your leatherworking ability make them yourself (there are tutorials out there).

They're entirely custom made, and you'll want to be sitting down when you get the price quoted, but they're ridiculously comfortable and durable boots.

Yeah be prepared to drop about 900.00 to a 1000.00 for them.

And some people ***** about how much Trek TOS Boots are! :lol

They're entirely custom made, and you'll want to be sitting down when you get the price quoted, but they're ridiculously comfortable and durable boots.

Based on the photo I took of the moccasins at the Fox Wardrobe display, the maker is Footloose Moccasin Makers of Aspen, Colorado.

46778665301_c2e7558ff1.jpg
Big Trouble in Little China - Screen used Jack Burton Boots by Footloose Moccasin Maker, Aspen Colorado by Thom-293, on Flickr

Yeah he closed up shop a few years ago....

According to this OLD article from 2005, he sold the manufacturing operations to his former shop manager and at the time of the article, the operations moved to Grand Junction.

Going on 30 and still Footloose

With a little help from the Googles, I located the phone number of Footloose Moccasin Maker in Grand Junction. I called and the voice on the answering machine / service identified the number as belonging to Footloose, so I left a babbling, incoherent, long-winded message with my callback number. About 5 minutes later I received a call back and the extremely friendly woman on the other end of the line told me she was Footloose and they were the ones that made the moccasins for the movie. She specifically recalls they made 1 1/2 pairs. A pair for Kurt Russel to wear and one shoe to destroy during filming.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back