Jabba's Spider concept model

scotthothpatrol

The spider got a brief appearance in ROTJ in Jabba's palace. I have always loved a Joe Johnston concept sketch of it and thought it would be a really cool project to do. As Star Wars lore would have it Tatooine is inhabited by a race of monks ,the B'omarr. The most enlightened monks had there brains moved to a jar with robotic legs. There you get the spider. For my project I am making it as a movable metal external armature with some kitbashing. The jar for the brain is a clear plastic ornament ball and the armature is cast metal.
Scott

Attachments

scotthothpatrol

Here is an update. Thanks everyone for your interest in this project. I did a search to see if anyone else tackeled this but could not find anythig. So I guess it is an RPF first. I got everything exterior wise done. I really enjoyed the opertunity to use the hoses from 1/12 tamiya F1 kits. Now it will be time to work on the brain which will be connected to the body with more hoses.

Attachments

Analyzer

Sr Member
I love it!

I remember reading about them in that Illustrated Star Wars Universe book where they used the Ralph McQuarrie art