Jabba's barge decoration "Ne Ganna dateel Jabba"

Hello Gentlemen,

There is a bas-relief visible only one second in the scene of the Jabba's barge fight wich intrigues me. It is called "Ne ganna Dateel Jabba"

Ne_Ganna_Dateel_Jabba_1.jpg
Do someone here have some clear blue-ray screencaptures of it or other good & clear references ?
I think that this could become a very interesting prop to have on our walls...

Best regards

That's awesome! I've never noticed that before!

I feel bad for the person(s) who did all that work only to have it visible for 1 second in the film

Hello Gentlemen,

There is a bas-relief visible only one second in the scene of the Jabba's barge fight wich intrigues me. It is called "Ne ganna Dateel Jabba"

Ne_Ganna_Dateel_Jabba_1.jpg
Do someone here have some clear blue-ray screencaptures of it or other good & clear references ?
I think that this could become a very interesting prop to have on our walls...

Best regards

Are you going to attempt one? This is definitely something I could do justice too provided there was some sort of interest.

Just a thought. Cheers.

I do not have talent to create props. As I already said, it is just intrigues me and I would like to have a clear picture of it.
But I am sure that some people would be interested with this "new" prop so go ahead.

That's awesome! I've never noticed that before!

Yeah, never noticed it before as well!

I feel bad for the person(s) who did all that work only to have it visible for 1 second in the film

Ah, that´s the fate of art directors, set decorators, set dressers, scenic painters, construction crews all over the world ;)

If you feel bad for them then I can only tell you to not visit any LOTR artwork exhibits. I was blown away by the details on the various armours, details that nobody will ever notice on film, be it on the big screen or in HD.

I´d love to see some prepro artwork or even set photos. There have to be pics of all of the sets since ROTJ was well documented. Thumbs pressed for more pics in the Making of ROTJ book that´s due for 2013 (I think).

This is one of the reasons I LOVE the cantina and Jabba's palace scenes. They are REALLY rich in detail. So much so, you can see new things every time.

I don't know how many times I saw ROTJ before I realized there was a Taun-taun head mounted on one wall.

Here's another detail from the scenes I always thought was interesting (and funny).

They used Biker Scout knee pads to make up Sgt. Doallyn's face. He's the guy who gets tossed by Chewbacca:

250px-Sergeant_doallyn.jpg

Thanks cboath. That's much better... Behind 3po head, there is other slave girls visible a few frames earlier. The same thing for another one seated at the right side of Jabba. Here we see only her legs but she is visible a few frames earlier.
Waiting to see what volador or others are able to do with it, There is so much talented members here !

Last edited:
The problem I found was as the OP said - it's on screen for like one second. So, 24 frames - most are blurry to some degree, this is one of the few crisp shots.

It would be ridiculously easy to replicate.

Cheap? Maybe not. Shipping alone would run a good bit, but for someone just making a one off for themselves it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'd pay a good bit for one of these. Also for the sith wall hanging in palpatine's chamber in episode 3 (the great hyperspace war bas relief) I think it is. The same techniques could be used for both. Anyone willing to tackle them, send me a pm. I'd be happy to fund the work.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back