iZombie

Vivek

Master Member
I wish the iZombie TV show was more akin to the comics instead of being more of a police procedural show. Still enjoyed the pilot episode.

iZombie is a loose adaptation of the comics and incorporates certain aspects of the comic character. One thing I am glad about the show is that they introduced all new characters instead of just changing the ones from the comics.

I haven't seen Warm Bodies but I am familiar with the movie's premise and I think the comparison of iZombie to that movie is little more apt.

I watched it last night. I'm not familiar with the comic, but I enjoyed it well enough. Quirky and fun. I don't know that I'll follow it constantly (my TV plate is pretty full at the moment) but I'll try to catch it when I can.

I thought it was great, it was quirky and reminded me a lot of shows like Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls. I don't know how close it is to Warm Bodies, as the zombie in that movie, while moderately "human", still isn't particularly functional. iZombie explores what it would be like to be a zombie hiding in a world of humans. It's nice that they found her an ally right away instead of having her try to keep her secret from everyone for an extended period.

Interesting show. But it's not a show where I feel a lot of excitement waiting till the next episode. I think the main reasons I watch it are because it's after the flash and the actress is quite pretty.
Just my opinion of course.

Also noticed they're running it on TNT (think that's where it was) as well. Not sure how to take that...

Just watched the first 3 episodes on Hulu last night. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. But then I shouldn't be surprised because I loved Veronica Mars. Thought it does seem a little too much like VM with all of the inner monologue stuff. But I'll let it slide for now.

I never watched Veronica Mars but that monologue VO stuff got real old real fast to me. I enjoy it, though. I have been debating doing a Liv costume for comic con this year. Mostly because I miss my white-blonde hair.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back