Iwata smart jet compressor

TehEl1te

Sr Member
I am researching air compressors for the future... im looking for one that is decently quiet and reliable that will get the predator jobs done. Have any of you used the Iwata smartjet compressor seen in this video? It seems pretty good and cna be found roughyl around $200 mark. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAtXZs36JK0

I have one.
It's the only compressor I use for airbushing now and I like it a lot though I'm not a painter. That video seems to be a fair review of it. It's quiet enough and hasn't given me any problems. I picked it up used as part of a Deluxe Airbrush Kit with paints and an Eclipse HP-CS. It works best with it. The single stage airbrushes are kind of air hogs.

Generally, some of the cheap compressors look like direct knock offs of this series. You'll find a better buy from Harbor Frieght brand. Though there have been praises and complaints about them. There are Lair members that use these

Harbor Feight examples:
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-5-hp-58-psi...-kit-95630.html
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-8-eighth-hp...urce=googlebase

If you realy want the Smartjet, keep an eye on Craigslist and you may find one barely used like I did. If not, it'll give you an idea of what airbrush compressors are going for and may find a good buy any way.

Thanks for the very informational reply! So are you saying those harbor freight examples will do the job just as well sa the smartjet? A huge concern of mine is the noise level. I will be in an apartment so the quieter the better. :)

I haven't heard the Harbor Freight ones in person. The reviews of them make them seem comparable and a better bang for the buck. But like I said I've heard good and bad. I can use the Smart Jet in my living room and not have a problem with the wife as far as noise is concerned. Working in my dining room and having it under the table works perfectly for me.

I don't see this type of compressor being a problem with neighbors at all. These things aren't running air tools.

that's the compressor i have. it has worked fantastic for me. i have even ran it straight for like an hour.
i even shoot latex paint with it.

Excellent! I think this is the compressor I am going to go with unless those harborfreight compressors are equally as quiet! Huge help guys! What kind of hoses/guns do you use?

Excellent! I think this is the compressor I am going to go with unless those harborfreight compressors are equally as quiet! Huge help guys! What kind of hoses/guns do you use?
You might need an adapter for the Harbor Freight compressor air outlet. Depends on the hose your using for your brush. The adapters can be had from www.chicagoairbrushsupply.com and also new hoses.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back