I've released my Ark of the Covenant 3d Files

Rebelscum

Sr Member
With my kits long sold out, I've been looking for a way to release the 3D files for it so people could print and build their own. I had asked Bruce Lee, who did the original 3D model of the Ark for me, to prepare the files so they could be printed, as well as a legend of the parts.

My original kit build instructions thread here: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit

As an active R2 builder and parts provider to the community, I've been aware of the Baddeley R2 3D print community for some time. At Star Wars Celebration last week I had a chance to meet Michael Baddeley to discuss providing him the files so we could make them available.

I have done so now, and am excited to see builders take the project on.

You can find out about it here:

https:://www.facebook.com/groups/mrbaddeley

You'll have access to the files by joining his Patreon.

Attachments

• arklid.JPG
    arklid.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 506
  • arkbody.JPG
    arkbody.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 507
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, your generosity to the hobby is much appreciated and legendary.

Thank you Philip.

Thanks for making these available Rebelscum , I joined Michael’s Patreon.
Not sure when I would get around to attempt to build the Ark, but it’s nice knowing I have the files to do so!

Would the files be suitable to scaling, if say I wanted to build a smaller version of the Ark, and would you have any suggestions for a good scale?

Unsure how Patreon works. Which membership level gives access to this?

DutchNibbles: 3D files are very easy to scale up and down using a free 3D modeler app, such as Blender or Meshmixer.

Unsure how Patreon works. Which membership level gives access to this?

DutchNibbles: 3D files are very easy to scale up and down using a free 3D modeler app, such as Blender or Meshmixer.
Yeah, I guess I meant to ask at what scale would the details still be printed out well on FDM. But I can do some tests for the more detailed pieces at a scale I’m looking at, which I have no idea what that is at the moment

For the Patreon, I checked with Michael on the Facebook group, and it’s included with all tiers, starting at $1, and the most popular being $5, where you get access to a whole host of files for Droid building.

If you can go down to 0.01 layer height, then I wouldn't go smaller than 1:6 scale. If you can't go that low, then quarter scale would be my smallest recommendation.

Cool. Thanks. I'll check things out. :)

Thanks for making these available Rebelscum , I joined Michael’s Patreon.
Not sure when I would get around to attempt to build the Ark, but it’s nice knowing I have the files to do so!

Would the files be suitable to scaling, if say I wanted to build a smaller version of the Ark, and would you have any suggestions for a good scale?
Hey Dutch, you found the files? I joined his Patreon but having trouble finding them myself. I've been looking to print an ark in 1/4 scale for so long now. Any help guiding me to what will likely amount to a forehead slap for my obliviousness, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

okay. I found them on the onedrive page under exclusives---Raiders ark of the covenant

Last edited:
Hey Dutch, you found the files? I joined his Patreon but having trouble finding them myself. I've been looking to print an ark in 1/4 scale for so long now. Any help guiding me to what will likely amount to a forehead slap for my obliviousness, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Hey Jakelope in the Patreon email, there should be a link to the OneDrive, where all of the files are stored. You will find the Ark files in the “Exclusives” folder.
It could be worth to join the FB group, “MrBaddeley Printed Droid”, a number of people have started printing and working on the Ark!

Hope this info helps you out.

Hey Jakelope in the Patreon email, there should be a link to the OneDrive, where all of the files are stored. You will find the Ark files in the “Exclusives” folder.
It could be worth to join the FB group, “MrBaddeley Printed Droid”, a number of people have started printing and working on the Ark!

Hope this info helps you out.
Aaaaannd *facepalm! Thank you for that DutchNibbles! I think I got overly excited and couldn't see the forest through the trees. I signed up for MrBaddeley's Patreon and have signed up for the Droid FB group. Looks like a lot of cool stuff all around. Thanks again!!

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to seeing some builds, expecting to see some angel prints first I think.
And massive thanks to Rebelscum for making dreams come true. Originally the idea of a full-size ark was incredible but ultimately unlikely. I do 1:4 scale so I use 1:1 for almost everything as reference. Now that you've made the files available, I'm moving forward making that idea a reality. Wouldn't be possible with you! Much appreciated!!

And massive thanks to Rebelscum for making dreams come true. Originally the idea of a full-size ark was incredible but ultimately unlikely. I do 1:4 scale so I use 1:1 for almost everything as reference. Now that you've made the files available, I'm moving forward making that idea a reality. Wouldn't be possible with you! Much appreciated!!

I'm happy people are printing.. Good luck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back