Ivan Reitman Dead At 75

I have been gutted since I saw this news last night. No one director has had a bigger impact on my life than Ivan Reitman. I am writing this from a production office on a studio lot in LA, and there is no doubt in my mind I would not be sitting where I am without the influence of Mr. Reitman and the films he directed and produced. Reitman was all over my movie rotation, constantly re-watching Stripes, Kindergarten Cop, Caddyshack, Animal House, and of course above all else both GB movies. His style was so unique and so instantly recognizable. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a director who could deliver something like Ghostbusters then pivot to something like Dave and still knock it out of the park. I am so glad that he had the chance to work so closely with Jason on what was clearly a very personal project. This one is gonna sting for a bit.

"He was a man, take him for all in all, I shall not look upon his like again"

Rest in peace Ivan. We're really gonna miss you.

I totally forgot he directed Kindergarten Cop. Just the audio memes alone were great. Once I found this on DVD years ago, totally bought it.
...and for years I always wondered if ferrets make the sound from the movie or was the sound department just doing whatever to sound good......but we now have youtube with EVERYTHING on it. I just looked, and they do in fact make noises like that. Nice.

So the GB community back when Ramis died did a run of badges, they just announced a badge for Reitman

I totally forgot he directed Kindergarten Cop. Just the audio memes alone were great. Once I found this on DVD years ago, totally bought it.
...and for years I always wondered if ferrets make the sound from the movie or was the sound department just doing whatever to sound good......but we now have youtube with EVERYTHING on it. I just looked, and they do in fact make noises like that. Nice.
Yeah another great film of his… such a shame

1645306658089.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back