Ivan Reitman Dead At 75

Ned Figglehorn

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Rest in Peace Mr. Reitman, such terrible news. Glad he got to see his son carry on his Legacy before his passing...

Last edited:
Wow, thats crazy. RIP
He was just little over a month younger than my Dad.
I just couldn't be ready for that....but I guess no kid ever is, no matter the age.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Reitman. Thank you for giving us not just Ghostbusters and it's sequel, but Stripes and Meatballs. I still watch this clip to give myself some clarity in life from time to time. And I am thankful that Mr. Reitman gave it to us.

Any news on what happened? Heart attack?
According to one article, he went peacefully in his sleep. No news on exactly what the cause of death was. Still can't believe this... My local franchise saw him at the premiere in November, He seemed to be in good health.

It's not often the news of the death of someone I don't know and never met can make me cry. But I sobbed this morning when I read that Ivan Reitman had died. He gave me some of the most enduring and happiest memories of my movie-obsessed life, as well as one of my all time favourite films in Ghostbusters (yes, and Ghostbusters 2!), and it was so apparent in interviews and behind the scenes documentaries that he was an absolute sweetheart in real life. I watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife for the first time just the other day, and every scene in it is just filled with love - for the characters, for the actors, for the fans, and between proud producer father and talented director son. The theme of the film, and the the story of how it came to be made, are all about love and family. 'Did you miss us?' Hell, yes. 'Will I miss the brilliant, sweet, kind man I never met?' Hell, yes. RIP, Ivan, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the joy you brought me, and so many others.

This one hurts. Ghostbusters (I and 2 ) is way up there for me. My kids connected with those movies at a young age even before Star Wars.
I recently saw interviews with Jason Reitman and Ivan about the Afterlife movie and how Ivan was there and giving his input..... just gutted here.

Recently lost my dad too...… thoughts go out for the Reitman family.

According to one article, he went peacefully in his sleep. No news on exactly what the cause of death was. Still can't believe this... My local franchise saw him at the premiere in November, He seemed to be in good health.
Wow… such a shame.. ya know that is the best way to go if you have to go…

This one hurts. Ghostbusters (I and 2 ) is way up there for me. My kids connected with those movies at a young age even before Star Wars.
I recently saw interviews with Jason Reitman and Ivan about the Afterlife movie and how Ivan was there and giving his input..... just gutted here.

Recently lost my dad too...… thoughts go out for the Reitman family.
Sorry for your loss man…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back