It's finally here, my Mortal Kombat Reptile suit and Scorpion mask

If you've been on the forums awhile, you might remember seeing my thread I started nearly 4 years ago trying to hunt down any Mortal Kombat ninja character suit. Well, someone here (I'll let this person reveal himself if he wants) helped me track this screen used Reptile Mortal Kombat Annihilation suit down. The best part is, there's some history behind this prop that isn't verified yet but the evidence is there to support the theory. Another enthusiast pointed out that my suit had noticeable yellow markings and asked that I look for indicators if it was either fade or a repaint. So I pulled back some of the material at the edges and found clear masking points where this suit was originally yellow and repainted green. Even the groin flap wasn't even painted fully on the back side. That means this suit was Scorpion's then repainted. I was explained this was due to budget reasons so they recycled suits. Each ninja character had their own unique suit design and pattern (shapes of the colored patches on the vest) except... Reptile and Scorpion who's pattern matches perfectly, even the arm guards (which is also unique per character). Until I get some expert verification, if that's even possible, it's a theory but has some strong evidence to prove that case until then. The suit also has the all important screen used mask which is my favorite part. Scorpion and Reptile are my two favorite characters so this prop knocked it out of the park for me.

The collector who helped me complete this hunt also had another piece that is very unique and special. It's a direct cast from the original mold for Scorpion's mask from the first Mortal Kombat movie. It's unpainted so probably an extra but outside of this not being screen used, you can't get anything closer to the original. I'm going to get it painted to match the screen used version to bring the mask to life

So overall, my persistence paid off and I got some amazing props. This doesn't mean my hunt is over! I still need more suits, especially from the first Mortal Kombat movie so keeps your eyes open and I'm still offering a finder's fee for any additional finds!! Thank you for your help everyone.

My original thread:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=167960

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back